John Smith

Default programming a remote, not the garage door opener

What really happens when programming a garage door opener? Is the
remote that gets programmed or the garage door opener? I would
like to program a remote so it can open the garage door. Becaue I
live in a condo, I do not want to program the garage door opener
in fear that if the door opener is programmer, other people may
not be able to operate the door.

I'm talking about the new style of opener which automatically
changes the code each time it opens the door, not the old kind
which has a fixed code.
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
John Smith wrote:
What really happens when programming a garage door opener? Is the
remote that gets programmed or the garage door opener? I would
like to program a remote so it can open the garage door. Becaue I
live in a condo, I do not want to program the garage door opener
in fear that if the door opener is programmer, other people may
not be able to operate the door.

I'm talking about the new style of opener which automatically
changes the code each time it opens the door, not the old kind
which has a fixed code.

I hope you have the instructions, because different brands program
differently. In all (that I know of) you program the opener to the
remote. Two steps:

1) Do the button sequence that clears everything. This will get rid of
any coding that the former owner may have set, then mislaid the remote.

2) Program the remote(s) you will use.

yar

i have one of these openers that change code and every sunday(sunday
only) i have to turn the power off to it all day. the reason is that
it keeps opening and closing on its own!

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:57:20 GMT, John Smith
blurted forth:

"What really happens when programming a garage door opener? Is the
"remote that gets programmed or the garage door opener? I would
"like to program a remote so it can open the garage door. Because I
"
"I'm talking about the new style of opener which automatically
"changes the code each time it opens the door, not the old kind
"which has a fixed code.

It's the opener that gets programmed & the receiver will only hold so
many codes (depends on which one you have). So if the opener is already
programmed to it's maximum amount, programming another remote will
automatically erase the remote that was progammed into the receiver
first.

Also if you hold the learn button too long while programming the new
one you will erase all of the remotes that are currently programmed
into it.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com