nr

Default How to Program Garage Opener Remote ?

I just moved into this house and didn't get any owner's manuals. The
garage door opener is a Sears Craftsman, model 139.53600. The remote
that is outside the door has a model number 31D302A stamped on it, but
no brand name that I could see.

I saw some instructions that said to 'press the red button on the back
of the main unit, to put the opener into learn mode,' but my opener
does not have any buttons on it.

So, can anyone help me in the programming of this remote with this
opener?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ross Mac

"nr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just moved into this house and didn't get any owner's manuals. The
garage door opener is a Sears Craftsman, model 139.53600. The remote
that is outside the door has a model number 31D302A stamped on it, but
no brand name that I could see.

I saw some instructions that said to 'press the red button on the back
of the main unit, to put the opener into learn mode,' but my opener
does not have any buttons on it.

So, can anyone help me in the programming of this remote with this
opener?

Thanks for any assistance.

Not familiar with your model but usually you hit the learn button and wait
for it to flash then press the remote and it is programmed. If that does not
work you might want to contact Sears for help...good luck , Ross

JerryL

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"nr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just moved into this house and didn't get any owner's manuals. The
garage door opener is a Sears Craftsman, model 139.53600. The remote
that is outside the door has a model number 31D302A stamped on it, but
no brand name that I could see.

I saw some instructions that said to 'press the red button on the back
of the main unit, to put the opener into learn mode,' but my opener
does not have any buttons on it.

So, can anyone help me in the programming of this remote with this
opener?

Thanks for any assistance.

Not familiar with your model but usually you hit the learn button and wait
for it to flash then press the remote and it is programmed. If that does
not work you might want to contact Sears for help...good luck , Ross

Sears garage door openers are usually mfgd by Chamberlain. The following
site shows you how to program the various remotes.

http://www.chamberlain-diy.com/diy04...=_1792,00.html

willshak

On 1/19/2005 7:03 PM US(ET), nr took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

I just moved into this house and didn't get any owner's manuals. The
garage door opener is a Sears Craftsman, model 139.53600. The remote
that is outside the door has a model number 31D302A stamped on it, but
no brand name that I could see.

I saw some instructions that said to 'press the red button on the back
of the main unit, to put the opener into learn mode,' but my opener
does not have any buttons on it.

So, can anyone help me in the programming of this remote with this
opener?

Thanks for any assistance.

I don't know how old your unit is, but if it is as old as mine, the
codes are manually changed. They are changed by setting 'dip' switches
on the back of the motor unit and inside the remote (mine has 9 switches).
If you see dip switches on the back of the unit, just set the dip
switches to read the same on both units.
The dip switches in the remote are acessed by removing a screw on the
back of the remote and pulling the back off (like you would to change
the battery).

--
Bill
Alan

On 19 Jan 2005 16:03:24 -0800, "nr"
wrote:

I just moved into this house and didn't get any owner's manuals. The
garage door opener is a Sears Craftsman, model 139.53600. The remote
that is outside the door has a model number 31D302A stamped on it, but
no brand name that I could see.

I saw some instructions that said to 'press the red button on the back
of the main unit, to put the opener into learn mode,' but my opener
does not have any buttons on it.

On mine, the buttons are accessible by opening one of the light
covers.

nr wrote:
I just moved into this house and didn't get any owner's manuals. The
garage door opener is a Sears Craftsman, model 139.53600. The remote
that is outside the door has a model number 31D302A stamped on it,

but
no brand name that I could see.

I saw some instructions that said to 'press the red button on the

back
of the main unit, to put the opener into learn mode,' but my opener
does not have any buttons on it.

So, can anyone help me in the programming of this remote with this
opener?

Thanks for any assistance.

Do you mean an outside keypad? I'm not familiar w/ the 31D302A model
number but it is similar to Sears part numbers. If you don't have a
learn button & have code switches instead you keypad is probably wired
to the motor head in lieu of being wireless. Is there just the outside
part or is there another box near the keypad inside?
Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

nr

Thanks for all the replies.

The keypad is outside the garage door. There is a box inside the
garage, wired to the outside pad, that says Sears Solid State Digital
Control (I should have seen this and noted it before.) The inside box
is wired to the motor head, as you've noted. Given all of this, how
would I program the keys on the pad.

Also, I don't see how the dip switches would have anything to do this
this. I'll check out the light covers this weekend.

Your right the dip switches don't have anything to do with it. On the
inside box where it says the word Sears etc is on a cover plate that
snaps off (pop it out w/ a small screw driver from one side).
Underneath you will see a slide switch that should be marked run on one
side & program on the other. Slide the switch to the "program" side,
enter whatever number you desire, slide the switch back to "run", put
cover back on. That's all there is to it.
Doordoc
www/DoorsAndOpeners.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
top

I busted my brain on this for hours, read all 200 posts, and tried
everything, even things that didnt have anything to do with this
keypad. It's very simple though. The pad has no enter button, no #
button, no str button, or anything like that. Just 0-9 keys. There is
a little panel that you have to pop off in the inside of the garage
next to the door on the single button wall mounted door opener.
Inside there is a 9 volt battery (that you should touch your tounge
with to check seeing how this key pad is soo old) and a little switch
that says progam and operate. You simply switch it to program, and
heres the kicker nobody explains, you punch in ONLY 4 numbers for
your code. Then switch it back to operate. Then your done. Nobody
said anything about it only being 4 #'s and thats what made it so
complicated. I feel like i really accomplished something here, lol.
Hope this helps the next person. Theres over 200 posts on this
subject.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

top wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Is it wireless or wired?
I'd think in program mode you choose 4 numbers(like combination lock).
In operation mode you punch the number then it should activate a signal
(maybe energizing a relay)
to operated the door opener.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich

Good for you for having figured out this simple problem.
Which goes to prove, garage doors and openers are not rocket science.
A little patience and common sense will take you a long way.
Garage Door Parts, LLC
973-472-4818
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

m...