Robert11

Default Garage Door Opener Remote: Transferring Code To A New One ?

Hello:

Have lost one of our garage door openers, but do have another one
that wife uses.

Have no idea what brand the opener is; nothing on remote.

Is there a "generic" remote we can buy from somewhere, and somehow transfer
the
code from the one we do have to this new one ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

G Henslee

Robert11 wrote:

Is there a "generic" remote we can buy from somewhere, and somehow transfer
the
code from the one we do have to this new one ?

Yes.
Robert11

Hi,

Any idea from where ?

thanks,
Bob
--------------
"G Henslee" wrote in message
Robert11 wrote:

Is there a "generic" remote we can buy from somewhere, and somehow
transfer the
code from the one we do have to this new one ?

Yes.

Fred

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have lost one of our garage door openers, but do have another one
that wife uses.

Have no idea what brand the opener is; nothing on remote.

Is there a "generic" remote we can buy from somewhere, and somehow
transfer the
code from the one we do have to this new one ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

You need to know who makes the opener first - look at the opener (the motor
end) there should be a make and model on the nameplate - you may have to
remove the plastic housing.

Remotes are available at hardware places likes Home Depot, Lowes, Sears but
you need to know the transmission frequency so your make and model of your
opener would be essential in locating the right remote.

les

Fred is right, knowing the maker makes the job easier.
Besides frequency, the newer openers use digital codes to secure
your privacy. Codes can be many bits, and there might be a problem if
the digital "word" is lacking the proper bit length.
Without the manufacturer, you are lucky to hit it correctly in all aspects.
I know that there are four frequency ranges alone that are used in openers,
possibly more.

Les KA9GLW

Wes Stewart

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:44:21 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

Any idea from where ?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi

Tim Fischer

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi

We have that "clicker" model, and the matching keypad. It works well with
our old Stanley opener (Stanley GDO's are defunct, so there's on OEM parts
anymore...)

You'll need to know what brand you have to program the clicker, though.

-Tim