traderfjp

Default Saving Oil Installing Flue Mechanism to Stop Cold Air From Boiler?

Hi,

I'm not sure what these are called but it's a device that goes in your
flue and closes after the boiler finished cycling off. It keeps the
cold, outside air from entering the chimney and making the boiler cold.
I was wondering if they are worth it and legal in NY? Also, what is
the proper name?

Thanks in advance

"Flue damper"- closes when burner shuts off, and opens before burner
fires. In fact, prevents draft through firebox and up heated flue when
burner is off. I've heard that they can prevent much waste, from folks
in ME.

HTH,

power shower problems mp UK diy 15 May 14th 05 03:35 PM
installing flue for leaky chimney lesshaste UK diy 7 November 14th 04 04:56 PM
Gas fire flue extract... Magog UK diy 0 February 28th 04 01:46 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM