Magog

Default Gas fire flue extract...

Hi,

I have a living-flame gas fire with a flue which consists of a hole in
the wall with a fan in it (not sure what this type of flue is called)
but I have a couple of problems with it...

1. When the fire is off on a cold day the flue is basically a hole in
the wall, putting a hand above where the fire would be you can feel an
icy draught blowing down the flue. This means that even when the
central heating is on the living room is rather cold. My question is;
should this be so? or should there be some sort of shutter mechanism
which closes the flue when the fire is not in use...

2. The fan is also very noisy when the fire is on, is it possible to
replace the fan extract alone (I'm quite happy with the fire) or do I
have to buy a new fire (indeed, do you get the flue extract when you
buy a fire?)

Thanks in advance

Iain

Advice on living flame gas fire Stuart UK diy 11 December 2nd 03 11:47 AM
Partially Blocked Flue? Please Comment On Pic... MR UK diy 17 November 11th 03 10:57 PM
gas fire leak test andy smith UK diy 5 September 26th 03 10:28 PM
New flue - support wall BigWallop UK diy 0 September 19th 03 03:04 AM
Fitting a flue Jonathan Curtis UK diy 3 July 29th 03 07:03 AM