Default PEX Crimping

On 21 Sep 2005 08:14:34 -0700, "AR" wrote:

I would like to install an additional outdoor faucet and I have a new
home that has PEX piping. I am just an average DIYer and I have heard
that the crimping of PEX is a little tricky. True?

A little reading. The link below helped me git-r-done. Don't crimp
until you have the connectors in place and are happy. Let the
crimping tool do the work...it's not forced. Use the gauge (go - no-go
tool) to check the crimps.

http://www.vanguardpipe.com/pdfs/Man...nstallInst.pdf

Also, will cutting PEX with a hacksaw be OK or do you have to use the
PEX cutting tool?

Any cutter like those used to cut irrigation PVC and tubing.

Oren

excused from saving Universes."
thrugoodmarshall

I've always used a copper pipe cutter for pex. Works great, and very easy.
Crimping tool is no big deal, either; just line up the jaws on the ring &
close it up. Only hard part was getting it into tight spaces.

AR wrote:

I would like to install an additional outdoor faucet and I have a new
home that has PEX piping. I am just an average DIYer and I have heard
that the crimping of PEX is a little tricky. True?

Also, will cutting PEX with a hacksaw be OK or do you have to use the
PEX cutting tool?

Thanks
Art

DanG

To install one connection, it is just not worth buying the tools
to make the connection. Look for Qest or Wirsbro fittings to
make your single connection. Here is some info:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/polyb.html

If you are going to buy the tool anyway, look into getting the
Zurn / Oetiker type stainless steel crimp ring model, rather than
the "bolt cutter" version that requires a different tool for each
size and can be difficult to fit into small spaces. here is some
info:
http://www.pexconnection.com/product...ID=6&catID=124

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"AR" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to install an additional outdoor faucet and I have a
new
home that has PEX piping. I am just an average DIYer and I have
heard
that the crimping of PEX is a little tricky. True?

Also, will cutting PEX with a hacksaw be OK or do you have to
use the
PEX cutting tool?

Thanks
Art

Powered crimping tool equivalent to COPALUM tool Harry Muscle Home Repair 23 May 1st 16 07:31 PM
Powered crimping tool equivalent to COPALUM tool Harry Muscle Home Ownership 19 April 30th 16 05:44 PM
Crimping, A Warning bob UK diy 16 May 3rd 05 08:51 AM
which way round to use ratchet crimping tool? Al Reynolds UK diy 10 February 12th 04 09:22 AM
crimping cat5 cable [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 28th 03 06:02 PM