DanG

To install one connection, it is just not worth buying the tools
to make the connection. Look for Qest or Wirsbro fittings to
make your single connection. Here is some info:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/polyb.html

If you are going to buy the tool anyway, look into getting the
Zurn / Oetiker type stainless steel crimp ring model, rather than
the "bolt cutter" version that requires a different tool for each
size and can be difficult to fit into small spaces. here is some
info:
http://www.pexconnection.com/product...ID=6&catID=124

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"AR" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to install an additional outdoor faucet and I have a
new
home that has PEX piping. I am just an average DIYer and I have
heard
that the crimping of PEX is a little tricky. True?

Also, will cutting PEX with a hacksaw be OK or do you have to
use the
PEX cutting tool?

Thanks
Art