Stormin Mormon

Default Price of gas

Description (Edit, Add Photo)
So, who can afford it any more? Where's the expensive stuff, what's the
price where you are? Who's doing this to us? Sound off!

Most Recent Messages
(No messages for this group)
Group Email Addresses
Post message:
Subscribe:

Unsubscribe:

List owner:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Description (Edit, Add Photo)
So, who can afford it any more?

Looking at the traffic jam I was in this morning, I'd say pretty much
everybody can afford it.

People spend $4 on a cup of coffee, $50+/month on a cell phone they
probably don't NEED, so I don't think an extra $10-$20 per tank matters
a whole lot to most people.

Phisherman

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:03:52 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Description (Edit, Add Photo)
So, who can afford it any more? Where's the expensive stuff, what's the
price where you are? Who's doing this to us? Sound off!

I can't cut back on gasoline used in my mowers, tiller, leaf blower,
weedeater, chipper shredder, chainsaw, etc. We cut back on
restaurants and decided not to attend the county fair this year to
make up the cost difference. Around here it's $2.65.
smithfarms pure kona

wrote:

Description (Edit, Add Photo)
So, who can afford it any more? Where's the expensive stuff, what's

the
price where you are? Who's doing this to us? Sound off!

I can't cut back on gasoline used in my mowers, tiller, leaf blower,
weedeater, chipper shredder, chainsaw, etc. We cut back on
restaurants and decided not to attend the county fair this year to
make up the cost difference. Around here it's $2.65.

Around here in South Kona, Hawaii island, today it is $3.92 for
unleaded regular, at the closest gas station, and $3.23 at far away
and cheapest COSTCO but then we had a gas cap which went into effect
September 1 and our lovely legislators thought it would help us
because it would average, East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast, and
then ours would somehow be calculated on that.They never figured on
the Katrina calculation. No one is happy in Hawaii about the nasty gas
cap.

aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff

Edwin Pawlowski

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I can't cut back on gasoline used in my mowers, tiller, leaf blower,
weedeater, chipper shredder, chainsaw, etc.

Sure you can, you just choose not to. Not that they take a tremendous
amount of gas anyway.

Let the grass grow a little longer, rake instead of blowing the leaves.
Chainsaw probably not as you still have to cut.

dancingmommy

It's $2.95 - $3.05 here in the Silicon Valley. We drive 2 cars and it
hurts. I don't have a choice about driving the kids to school ect, I
just try to group things together. As for lawn equipment, we use
electric - easy to use and no gas!

Jim

dancingmommy wrote:
It's $2.95 - $3.05 here in the Silicon Valley. We drive 2 cars and it
hurts. I don't have a choice about driving the kids to school ect, I
just try to group things together. As for lawn equipment, we use
electric - easy to use and no gas!

Fear not, the savings you thought you had will only be shifted to the
electric bill unless you're lucky enough to be served by a nuclear
fueled power plant.

Amun

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I can't cut back on gasoline used in my mowers, tiller, leaf blower,
weedeater, chipper shredder, chainsaw, etc.

Sure you can, you just choose not to. Not that they take a tremendous
amount of gas anyway.

Let the grass grow a little longer, rake instead of blowing the leaves.
Chainsaw probably not as you still have to cut.

Yup, lots of gas saving alternatives for those who want to find them.
Even trees can be dropped and cleaned up with a good bowsaw and/or axe, and
a bit of time.

Mind you I've seen people who can't do their laundry when the dryer breaks.
And can't think about just drying stuff on a rope in the backyard or
balcony.

AMUN

G Henslee

Amun wrote:

Mind you I've seen people who can't do their laundry when the dryer breaks.
And can't think about just drying stuff on a rope in the backyard or
balcony.

AMUN

Bet your neighbors just love seeing your old lady's parachutes hanging
out there to dry...

This rope drying technique that you speak of. Is this something
learned then forgotten by man thousands of years ago?

phil