Dr. Hardcrab

Default Can't We Take The Politics To A Diffrent Newsgroup??

I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it was people
getting jabs at people cross-posting to this newsgroup. Now it's people IN
this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home repair.........

Dave Balderstone

In article HEmWe.15301$YI6.3956@trnddc05, Dr. Hardcrab
wrote:

I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it was people
getting jabs at people cross-posting to this newsgroup. Now it's people IN
this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home repair.........

Standard Advice:

Ignore
Filter
Help others to do the same.

You're using Outlook Express to post. I don't use it but perhaps some
kind soul will help you learn how to filter unwanted posts. If not, you
may want to try microsoft.public.outlook for assistance.

djb

mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. "
-- Gene Spafford, 1992
Tim Fischer

Agreed -- the signal to noise ratio here is still pretty good. I've been in
NG's in the past where the bitching about off-topic posts was actually worse
than the off-topic posts themselves...

If nobody replies, the troll posts will probably go away.

-Tim

Dr. Hardcrab

tone.ca...
wrote:

I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it was
people
getting jabs at people cross-posting to this newsgroup. Now it's people
IN
this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home
repair.........

Standard Advice:

Ignore
Filter
Help others to do the same.

You're using Outlook Express to post. I don't use it but perhaps some
kind soul will help you learn how to filter unwanted posts. If not, you
may want to try microsoft.public.outlook for assistance.

Kay-Oh!

I kill file a lot, but haven't grasped the filtering of threads.....

SteveB

wrote:

I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it was
people
getting jabs at people cross-posting to this newsgroup. Now it's people
IN
this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home
repair.........

Standard Advice:

Ignore
Filter
Help others to do the same.

You're using Outlook Express to post. I don't use it but perhaps some
kind soul will help you learn how to filter unwanted posts. If not, you
may want to try microsoft.public.outlook for assistance.

djb

I just downloaded Agent. At first, it looked very good, but I couldn't get
it to work with my e mail. It has a great killfile system.

My Outlook Express has a Block Sender function, but it does not work. It
has a Rules section, but it does not work.

So, I uninstalled Agent, and went back to your basic idea ..... ignore,
filter, don't take the bait, encourage others to do the same.

It is difficult, though. There appears to be people who have no other life
except to be contentions in newsgroups. They barely have time to eat,
bathe, sleep, or procreate because of all the posts they create or follow in
newsgroups. And it is all the same thing, the pathetic need for them to
have their opinion heard and accepted. They do not understand that it is
okay if people do not accept your opinion, as it doesn't work that way in
real life anyway.

They are social lepers. They have no concept of etiquette. Just as they
would interrupt a conversation between strangers, they will jump into
conversations here. It's just that if they did it in public, they would be
nursing a nosebleed. Yet, they still continue to interject spew and filth
at every opportunity here. From what they write, I would think a lot are
twelve year olds left home alone a lot.

So, just don't take the bait, and they will find another scum filled pond.

Steve

badgolferman

Dr. Hardcrab, 9/15/2005, OlnWe.15316$YI6.10220@trnddc05,7:21:18 PM,
wrote:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in
message tone.ca...
wrote:

I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it
was people getting jabs at people cross-posting to this
newsgroup. Now it's people IN this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home
repair.........

Standard Advice:

Ignore
Filter
Help others to do the same.

You're using Outlook Express to post. I don't use it but perhaps
some kind soul will help you learn how to filter unwanted posts. If
not, you may want to try microsoft.public.outlook for assistance.

Kay-Oh!

I kill file a lot, but haven't grasped the filtering of threads.....

You may consider switching to Xananews from OE for newsgroups. It's
the closest thing in functionality to OE that I have found and is very
powerful and fast in other functions.
http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

Barring that, in OE you can set up filters in Message Rules to ignore
certain type of messages. Another option would be to manually set the
Ignore flag in conversations. Here is a great site for OE.
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--
"Golf is the hardest game in the world to play, and the easiest to
cheat at." -- Dave Hill
Norminn

clipped

You're using Outlook Express to post. I don't use it but perhaps some
kind soul will help you learn how to filter unwanted posts. If not, you
may want to try microsoft.public.outlook for assistance.

Kay-Oh!

I kill file a lot, but haven't grasped the filtering of threads.....

OK, since we can't talk politics, can we argue about the best
newsreader? ) Netscape doesn't have a filter, as far as I can tell,
for newsgroups. I can "ignore thread", but o/w just page down for the
more enlightening names and topics )

Dr. Hardcrab

"Norminn" wrote

OK, since we can't talk politics, can we argue about the best newsreader?
) Netscape doesn't have a filter, as far as I can tell, for newsgroups.
I can "ignore thread", but o/w just page down for the more enlightening
names and topics )

You damn liberals are all the same!

;-]

Norminn

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"Norminn" wrote

OK, since we can't talk politics, can we argue about the best newsreader?
) Netscape doesn't have a filter, as far as I can tell, for newsgroups.
I can "ignore thread", but o/w just page down for the more enlightening
names and topics )

You damn liberals are all the same!

;-]

Intelligent, principled, tolerant, generous, visionary......our cross to
bear )

Dr. Hardcrab

"Norminn" wrote in message

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"Norminn" wrote

OK, since we can't talk politics, can we argue about the best newsreader?
) Netscape doesn't have a filter, as far as I can tell, for
newsgroups. I can "ignore thread", but o/w just page down for the more
enlightening names and topics )

You damn liberals are all the same!

;-]

Intelligent, principled, tolerant, generous, visionary......our cross to
bear )

Oh, sure! Bring religion into the conversation now!!!

FDR

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it was people
getting jabs at people cross-posting to this newsgroup. Now it's people IN
this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home repair.........

You're post is off topic!

Dr. Hardcrab

"FDR" wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
I know, I have been guilty about it too, but come on!! Before it was
people getting jabs at people cross-posting to this newsgroup. Now it's
people IN this newsgroup.

Maybe alt.letsbitchaboutwhatswrongwiththeworld.

This used to be a nice place to learn something about home
repair.........

You're post is off topic!

It's out of kilter, too, but the wife doesn't mind.....

Norminn

clipped

Intelligent, principled, tolerant, generous, visionary......our cross to
bear )

Oh, sure! Bring religion into the conversation now!!!

News flash? I'm all for putting preachers in churches, not the White
House )

ATF Groggy Woodworking 0 August 2nd 05 10:15 AM
How to read a newsgroup article SteveB Home Repair 1 April 4th 05 05:42 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 1 of 10 - General Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 05 08:29 AM
The Wreck - And Politics - And A New Pledge Tom Watson Woodworking 28 October 16th 04 02:24 AM
How to fight Newsgroup SPAM Stormin Mormonn Home Repair 7 November 27th 03 05:23 AM