Default general contractor charges

What is a "reasonable" profit and overhead surcharge when my general
contractor has a sub-contractor do work for him? We're doing a large
residential house by "time and materials".

Phil Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is a "reasonable" profit and overhead surcharge when my
general
contractor has a sub-contractor do work for him? We're doing
a large
residential house by "time and materials".

10% is standard... in some areas with some generals 40% is
common.

T and M is a contractors favorite way to get a job... if he is
good and honest its fair all around... if not you will be
screwed to the wall.

if you suspect the latter, be real nice to the guy then seek
the best attorney you can find for advice on how to get rid of
him cost effectively...that can be done but it can be tricky.

Phil Scott

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is a "reasonable" profit and overhead surcharge when my general
contractor has a sub-contractor do work for him? We're doing a large
residential house by "time and materials".

Reasonable? that depends on a plethora of issues. Roofers workman's
compensation is higher than a plumber for example.

What did you agree on in the beginning?

Goedjn

What is a "reasonable" profit and overhead surcharge when my general
contractor has a sub-contractor do work for him? We're doing a large
residential house by "time and materials".

Reasonable? that depends on a plethora of issues. Roofers workman's
compensation is higher than a plumber for example.

If it's time and materials, then the subcontractor counts as
"materials". Why should there be a surcharge?

"Reasonable? that depends on a plethora of issues. Roofers workman's
compensation is higher than a plumber for example. "

And what does that have to do with what a typical margin is for the
general contractor?

Power Supply Repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3! henrib7 Home Repair 7 June 13th 04 09:30 AM
Help with General products GBsCards Woodworking 5 February 19th 04 12:34 AM
My experience with the General International 50-185 Le Steak Woodworking 5 February 17th 04 02:33 PM