Edwin Pawlowski

"Vic Dura" wrote in message

assumption that you will submit claims for losses over $500. To then
drop you when you do so is IMO a breach of an implied covenant. If
they do not like small claims (say $1600) over the deductible, then
whey are accepting payment on such a policy?

He said he was "dropped" but I'm guessing he was not renewed. In that case,
the contract has run its course and it not being renewed. No implied
covenant in that case.

Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Vic Dura" wrote in message

assumption that you will submit claims for losses over $500. To then
drop you when you do so is IMO a breach of an implied covenant. If
they do not like small claims (say $1600) over the deductible, then
whey are accepting payment on such a policy?

He said he was "dropped" but I'm guessing he was not renewed. In that case,
the contract has run its course and it not being renewed. No implied
covenant in that case.

I disagree on the "implied" in the last statement--the insurer never
tells you up front "Oh, btw, if you happen to have reason to file a
claim for this policy we won't be renewing it." One assumes when doing
business that the offer is mutually beneficial for both parties and that
the offeror is under no more duress in making the offer than the
acceptor is in accepting.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

One assumes when doing
business that the offer is mutually beneficial for both parties and that
the offeror is under no more duress in making the offer than the
acceptor is in accepting.

Exactly. They had a one year term of mutual benefit. Term expired and
insurer decided it was not in his best interest to continue a relationship.
Happens in business every day. We've told a few customers we don't want to
sell to them any more. If the business it not profitable, we just won't do
it.

lefty

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:25:08 -0400, "miamicuse"
wrote:

Just received a notice from my home owner insurance company that they are
cancelling my policy! Last six years I made two claims, one they paid $3000
and one they paid $1200, and they deemed that "unacceptable according to
their guidelines". Can they do that? Location is Florida and company is
Florida Select Insurance. This is outrageous.

MC

Contact the office of your state insurance commissioner and check out
your venues of recourse. Some states have guidelines relative to the
operations on those ins co's in your state and 'codes' for conduct.
give'em a call..
G Henslee

miamicuse wrote:
Just received a notice from my home owner insurance company that they are
cancelling my policy! Last six years I made two claims, one they paid $3000
and one they paid $1200, and they deemed that "unacceptable according to
their guidelines". Can they do that? Location is Florida and company is
Florida Select Insurance. This is outrageous.

MC

Unless you're one who just loves the sense of false security received
from having that local good guy agent/buddy/pal/guy you started with,
etc, I find it worthwhile to shop for both home & auto insurance every
couple of years because they continually raise their rates onced you're
a customer.