twfsa

Default Home Owners Insurance & AARP

Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

Thanks

Tom

David Martel

Tom

My mother uses this insurance through AARP. She had a major plumbing leak
last year. Her local agent was very helpful, she is happy with the repair
work, the paperwork was minimal, and the contractors were paid. I think that
you should try to get some info on the local agency who will handle your
claims.

Dave M.

Edwin Pawlowski

"twfsa" wrote in message
Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they
use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

I have both car and home with the Hartford. When my windshield broke the
day before leaving on vacation, they had it fixed at my work the same day.
Great service.

See if you can get a price from a local agency. AARP is higher than what I
pay through my agent.

TURTLE

"twfsa" wrote in message news:%cqKd.3032$1X.111@lakeread07...
Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

Thanks

Tom

This is Turtle.

Here is a little story and not any advertisement at all except what happen on
lt. About 3 years back we had a hail story here in Louisiana and My father, My
friend, and Myself was all owners of houses that the hail took out the roofs of
the houses. My Father had Hartford through the AARP, My Friend had GIECO , and
Myself Had State Farm ins. My Father had a new roof put on his house and done
with in about 30 days. My friend had a little trouble but settled up in about 4
months. Myself had hell in collecting and 10 months later had to hire a Lawyer
to collect. I had to pay the law fees for the payment was 1/2 and not none
payment. The bill was $5,400.00 and I collected it but I was out the $450.00 Law
fees.

So I don't know how to explain this but just look at it pick out what you want.

TURTLE

Duane Bozarth

twfsa wrote:

Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

Personally, if AARP gets a cut, they could charge no premium and pay
claims at replacement value + 20% w/o me having to call them first and
I'd still shun them like the plague...

Pat

Phisherman

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:27:31 -0600, "twfsa" wrote:

Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

Thanks

Tom

Forget AARP. They have been a total rip off, hearing from many former
members.
Erma1ina

twfsa wrote:

Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

Thanks

Tom

The Hartford doesn't get very high ratings on the 2004 J.D.Power
studies.

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/insur...nceRatings.jsp

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/insur...airRatings.jsp

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/homes/insu...nceRatings.jsp
Edwin Pawlowski

"Erma1ina" wrote in message

The Hartford doesn't get very high ratings on the 2004 J.D.Power
studies.

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/insur...nceRatings.jsp

Look at the overall ratings. of 16, four placed higher, two placed lower,
nine were rated the same. In auto, the are part of 12 of 22 in the average.
5 of 22 placed higher, 5 also lower.

While not the best, I'd conclude they are OK, better than others. In the top
six for pricing of auto.

DOUGLAS

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:27:31 -0600, "twfsa" wrote:

Anyone in that belongs to AARP useing there home insurance program they
use
the Hartford Ins Co.

Is it difficult to settle a claim.

I got a quote on both of my vehicle's on line and its a nice deal. If they
will pay when you need them.

Thanks

Tom

Forget AARP. They have been a total rip off, hearing from many former
members.

I have my auto insurance thru AARP/the Hartford.

They gave me the best rates of anyone without any problems.

Doug

Pop

DOUGLAS wrote:
"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:27:31 -0600, "twfsa"

I have my auto insurance thru AARP/the Hartford.

They gave me the best rates of anyone without any problems.

Doug

They're sometimes almost OK IFF you live near one of their
"centers". Did you check where you'll have to take your vehicle
if you get into a scrape? When I checked that, I left in a hurry
and my wife uses their stoopid little 6-banger calculator they
rewarded us with. Only, I went directly to the company instead
of using AARP's information. Same place AARP sends you, but
quicker.
Tell them you just bought a car and don't already own one and
you'll get an "interesting" response.

Pop

DOUGLAS

"Pop" wrote in message
DOUGLAS wrote:
"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:27:31 -0600, "twfsa" wrote:

I have my auto insurance thru AARP/the Hartford.

They gave me the best rates of anyone without any problems.

Doug

They're sometimes almost OK IFF you live near one of their "centers". Did
you check where you'll have to take your vehicle if you get into a scrape?
When I checked that, I left in a hurry and my wife uses their stoopid
little 6-banger calculator they rewarded us with. Only, I went directly
to the company instead of using AARP's information. Same place AARP sends
you, but quicker.
Tell them you just bought a car and don't already own one and you'll get
an "interesting" response.

Pop

The location of their "center's' doesn't interest me.

Here in Connecticut, we can take a car to the shop of our choice for
repairs - per Insurance Commissioner's rules.
It's then up to the underwriting company to send an adjuster to that shop.

If you really push the issue, I suspect that it's the same in most states.

As for buying a car and not already owning one - most companies classify
such a driver as "new", even if they may have had a license for 30 years. In
such cases they often charge higher rates or don't want you at all. To them,
you have no track record.

It's like trying to get a mortgage without ANY credit history - that can be
worse than having bad credit.

These days, having a break in insurance coverage, whether its home, auto or
health, can be the kiss of death when trying to
again become insured.

Doug

Phisherman

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:43:25 GMT, "DOUGLAS"
wrote:

snip
These days, having a break in insurance coverage, whether its home, auto or
health, can be the kiss of death when trying to
again become insured.

Doug

I've been without health insurance for almost 5 years now. It's no
longer affordable ($1200 a month) for my family, yet the rate
continues to soar. I was able to get a lower rate for home insurance
by increasing the deductible to $1000.
Karla

Phisherman wrote:

I've been without health insurance for almost 5 years now. It's no
longer affordable ($1200 a month) for my family, yet the rate
continues to soar. I was able to get a lower rate for home insurance
by increasing the deductible to $1000.

Not a bad idea, raising homeowners deductible. You almost certainly
wouldn't want to put in a claim for less than that anyway, since filing claims
on H.O. insurance has a definite negative effect in the future. (Raised
premiums, cancelling policy, etc.). The insurers all share claim histories with
a database the industry calls "CLUE".

DOUGLAS wrote:
I have my auto insurance thru AARP/the Hartford.

They gave me the best rates of anyone without any problems.

Doug

I've heard a lot of positive reviews about this service. I, myself, do
not have it b/c I simply haven't looked into switching my current
service, but I've heard good things about AARP's relationship with
Hartford.