Edward Grant

Default Bathroom door

In our bedroom we have a bathroom with a door that slides into the wall.
I don't know what they are called but our door is getting difficult to
slide and it makes a noise sometimes when opened. I have sprayed the
rollers several times with oil but it doesn't last. Are they difficult
to remove? I would like to replace the rollers and clean out the space
between the walls. Our condo is about 20 yeas old.
dadiOH

Edward Grant wrote:
In our bedroom we have a bathroom with a door that slides into the
wall. I don't know what they are called but our door is getting
difficult to slide and it makes a noise sometimes when opened. I
have sprayed the rollers several times with oil but it doesn't last.
Are they difficult to remove? I would like to replace the rollers
and clean out the space between the walls. Our condo is about 20
yeas old.

You'll have to remove the top jamb/casing on one side of your pocket
door frame to get access to the rollers and support brackets. Once
done, the rollers are generally removed by unlocking the stud that
protrudes from them and goes to the top of the door. Once unlocked,
they just slide out of the fixture on the door.

To remove the door from the pocket you'll probably have to remove one
side of the vertical jamb/casing nearest the opening.

Replacing the rollers may not be possible as your door is 20 years old
and the rollers must be made for the track. Replacing the track itself
could be a *major* PITA necessitating removing/rebuilding the wall.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

RicodJour

Edward Grant wrote:
In our bedroom we have a bathroom with a door that slides into the wall.
I don't know what they are called but our door is getting difficult to
slide and it makes a noise sometimes when opened. I have sprayed the
rollers several times with oil but it doesn't last. Are they difficult
to remove? I would like to replace the rollers and clean out the space
between the walls. Our condo is about 20 yeas old.

They're called pocket doors.
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i.../infdoor7.shtm

Yepp

"Edward Grant" wrote in message
In our bedroom we have a bathroom with a door that slides into the wall.
I don't know what they are called but our door is getting difficult to
slide and it makes a noise sometimes when opened. I have sprayed the
rollers several times with oil but it doesn't last. Are they difficult
to remove? I would like to replace the rollers and clean out the space
between the walls. Our condo is about 20 yeas old.

They are called pocket doors. They aren't hard to remove you just need to
take the trim off of one side so that it can be lifted and tilted out so the
rollers will disengage. I don't know how your set is but the last one I
worked on swung away from the J channel that the rollers hang from.

Good luck, Rich