R and L Catherwood

Default barbeque burner...help !

Hi,all,
my husband passed away a few months ago,and now I have joined the world of
"home repair"...well.... kind of.
Can anyone assist me in placing the burner ,with the venturi ,back into
place in my Kenmore propane barbeque.

I noticed that one side section of the burner was not working properly...I
had both sides on "high",but the flame on the right side was very low.
Maybe something was plugged....!!!????

Later,when everything cooled,I removed all the grills,and lava,AND the
burner to clean,and when I tried to replace the burner,I could not get the
venturi tubes placed correctly over the orifices...is there a trick?

I went to the manual,but it showed connecting the venturi BEFORE the
plate,and knobs were installed...do I have to remove the plate, and the
knobs again?...I tried the knobs, and it feels like I will need a crowbar to
remove them.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

The barbeque has lots of years left
Thanks,Rose

Doug Kanter

"R and L Catherwood" wrote in message
[...]

I can't help with the replacement of the part, but: Believe it or not, there
are spiders that will set up home in the burner tubes. Stores with a good
selection of cleaning accessories sell a skinny brush specifically for
clearing the tubes.

gas burner for barbeque dj UK diy 4 March 22nd 05 04:14 PM
Need some help with oil burner not heating 1/2 the house... [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 11th 04 12:39 PM
Repair of "automatic burner" Rick Gould Home Repair 1 May 28th 04 02:38 AM
Flat Top Range Burner Problem Paula Home Repair 0 April 9th 04 03:59 AM
boiler / central heating problem - main burner weak and cuts out SledgehammerSteve UK diy 8 March 16th 04 12:32 PM