Sacramento Dave

Default Yard blower

My yard blower seem to stall out but usually after 5 to 10 minutes or if I
aim it up. What I have tried: new gas, It gets a bit of blue smoke. Cleaned
the air cleaner with lacquer thinner, got it nice and clean. Replaced the
spark plug.Pored a little straight gas in the tank trying to lower gas and
oil mixture. Today I took the air cleaner off and it ran allot faster and
better. But no air cleaner could lean it out to much so this might be the
best thing.Any other suggestions?

tom

Dave wrote: My yard blower seem to stall out but usually after 5 to 10
minutes or if I
aim it up. What I have tried: new gas, It gets a bit of blue smoke.
Cleaned
the air cleaner with lacquer thinner, got it nice and clean. Replaced
the
spark plug.Pored a little straight gas in the tank trying to lower gas
and
oil mixture. Today I took the air cleaner off and it ran allot faster
and
better. But no air cleaner could lean it out to much so this might be
the
best thing.Any other suggestions?

Try a rake. Much quieter. Good therapy, you know. I'm not being
flippant, either. Tom

The Kearsley Curse

x-no-archive: yes

Sacramento Dave wrote:
Any other suggestions?

Alternating crankcase pressure and vacuum. Your crankcase seal on a
2-stroke is just as important as cylinder pressure and condition. A
lean condition, as you said, could begin at the carb down into your
crankcase condition.

There is a complete diagnostic procedure for a 2-stroke engine, in
small engine and marine.

Do your basic checks. You do have a service manual?

I will one day print out and publish the diagnostic procedure for these
engines. But unless you have the tools to follow, it might be hard. The
tools are not cheap.

A 2-stroke may be small (in some instances, but in many not). But
emotionally - they are a mighty beast.

Joseph Meehan

Sacramento Dave wrote:
My yard blower seem to stall out but usually after 5 to 10 minutes or
if I aim it up. What I have tried: new gas, It gets a bit of blue
smoke. Cleaned the air cleaner with lacquer thinner, got it nice and
clean. Replaced the spark plug.Pored a little straight gas in the
tank trying to lower gas and oil mixture. Today I took the air
cleaner off and it ran allot faster and better. But no air cleaner
could lean it out to much so this might be the best thing.Any other
suggestions?

I hate those 2 cycle engines. I have a battery power version and never
have problems starting it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Tony

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
.. .
I hate these questions but hear goes. I need a new yard blower My old one
will never start again ( or lets say try to start) I made sure of that.
So
I need some suggestion I prefer gas but would consider electric. One more
thing not an ECHO!!!!

Stihl

Tony Hwang

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I hate these questions but hear goes. I need a new yard blower My old one
will never start again ( or lets say try to start) I made sure of that. So
I need some suggestion I prefer gas but would consider electric. One more
thing not an ECHO!!!!

Hi,
I vote for Stihl.
Tony

Funny, the echo has NEVER given me crap. It always runs.

Watch that mix, never lean it out either

nospambob

Reassuring that your crap always runs. Couldn't resist, sorry.

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I hate these questions but hear goes. I need a new yard blower My old one
will never start again ( or lets say try to start) I made sure of that. So
I need some suggestion I prefer gas but would consider electric. One more
thing not an ECHO!!!!

Don't know how big your yard is, but if a cord electric one is
feasible, the big 12 amp ones do the job nicely, without the hassle of
the gas motors, and they're significantly lighter. The smaller electric
blowers are much more limited. I haven't any experience with the
cordless ones.