BTD

Default Central A/C blower problem

I have a mobile home with an Intertherm central HVAC system...all
electric. T-stat has two selector switches: mode (HEAT-OFF-COOL) and
blower (AUTO-ON)

I replaced the blower motor last summer..old one burned out after
blower wheel set screw came loose. After that, everything was working
fine...mode in "COOL" and blower in "AUTO".

Now, in the cold months, with the selector switch set to "HEAT" and the
fan control set in "AUTO", the heating elements come on but the blower
doesn't run. After about 5 seconds, the heating elements turn off then
about 5 seconds later the cycle repeats but still no blower. With the
blower selector in "ON", the heating elements cycle on and off
controlled by the T-stat while the blower runs constantly.

I really want auto-blower in both heat and cool mode.

Any suggestion?

~KJPRO~

"BTD" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a mobile home with an Intertherm central HVAC system...all
electric. T-stat has two selector switches: mode (HEAT-OFF-COOL) and
blower (AUTO-ON)

I replaced the blower motor last summer..old one burned out after
blower wheel set screw came loose. After that, everything was working
fine...mode in "COOL" and blower in "AUTO".

Now, in the cold months, with the selector switch set to "HEAT" and the
fan control set in "AUTO", the heating elements come on but the blower
doesn't run. After about 5 seconds, the heating elements turn off then
about 5 seconds later the cycle repeats but still no blower. With the
blower selector in "ON", the heating elements cycle on and off
controlled by the T-stat while the blower runs constantly.

I really want auto-blower in both heat and cool mode.

Any suggestion?

Did it work correctly BEFORE you installed the new blower?

~kjpro~

BTD

Yes...HEAT, COOL, AUTO, ON, Everything worked just like it should.

~KJPRO~

"BTD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes...HEAT, COOL, AUTO, ON, Everything worked just like it should.

Than I suggest you call a local, insured, trained, competent HVAC technician
to come out and locate where you screwed up.

~kjpro~

Bubba

On 31 Jan 2005 20:06:46 -0800, "BTD" wrote:

I have a mobile home with an Intertherm central HVAC system...all
electric. T-stat has two selector switches: mode (HEAT-OFF-COOL) and
blower (AUTO-ON)

I replaced the blower motor last summer..old one burned out after
blower wheel set screw came loose. After that, everything was working
fine...mode in "COOL" and blower in "AUTO".

Now, in the cold months, with the selector switch set to "HEAT" and the
fan control set in "AUTO", the heating elements come on but the blower
doesn't run. After about 5 seconds, the heating elements turn off then
about 5 seconds later the cycle repeats but still no blower. With the
blower selector in "ON", the heating elements cycle on and off
controlled by the T-stat while the blower runs constantly.

I really want auto-blower in both heat and cool mode.

Any suggestion?

Its either not wired properly after your motor changeout or a control
or control wire has failed. Follow the wiring diagram or I would
suggest you call out a licensed contractor to fix the problem.
Bubba

BTD

Hey Turtle,

What's the Medium wire?

BTD

TURTLE

"BTD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Turtle,

What's the Medium wire?

BTD

This is Turtle.

I can't see your type motor from here but most will have a 4 speed motor on them
but can have 1 , 2, or 3 speed motors on them depending on who made it and the
type motor you replaced the original motor with. Now a lot of the brands of
motors will have this but some very a good bit.

Black Wire --- High Speed
Blue Wire --- Medium High Speed.
Orange wire --- Medium .
Red Wire --- Low speed