C & M

If you are talking about the double eyed, twisted link chain you can use
either a hacksaw brand new $1.99) or a cold chisel (Chinese throw away,
$.99). He must think you're using a 3/8" logging chain.

wrote in message
I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

G Henslee

wrote in message

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

Hook - line and sinker. Typical top poster.
SteveB

wrote in message
I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

You can buy a cheap o pair of bolt cutters at Harbor Freight, or maybe Home
depot. You will need them again sometime, and once you have some, you will
be amazed at how many times you will use it.

I got a set from a police auction of confiscated evidence. They are 43"
long. I got them for $20. They are American made, MCC True Craft. I also
have two smaller pair. When I want to cut something big, just get that big
bad boy out, and POINK!

A good pair of bolt cutters is a good tool to have.

Steve

Pop

wrote in message

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to
cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole
swing did.

Hook - line and sinker. Typical top poster.

Typical kaner; no brains, no worth, nothing useful to
say, unemployed, drugged, and a hate-on for the entire
world. Yup, a kaner fer shure!

G Henslee

Duane Bozarth wrote:
G Henslee wrote:

wrote:

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

You have a good neighbor. Be nice to him.
"Tool rental" in the yellow pages. Good luck.

A "chainsaw" isn't a saw to cut chain...

What you need is simply an appropriately sized bar cutter--the
long-handled jobbies.

Depending on what kind of chain you have, it may be possible to simply
cut it w/ a hacksaw. I'd measure where you need it cut and run down to
the local hardware store and go to the chain section and use theirs to
cut it if I didn't have one of my own. If they're one of the chain
franchises they may bitch a little and make you let them and charge a
nominal fee, but can't imagine more than $0.50/cut at the absolute
most...

I hate to say this Duane but you've joined the list of other morons in
this thread who've answered this troll thinking it was a serious question.

It's the same troll using newdawg that posts a lot of other off-beat
subjects.
G Henslee

Pop wrote:

wrote in message

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to
cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole
swing did.

Hook - line and sinker. Typical top poster.

Typical kaner; no brains, no worth, nothing useful to
say, unemployed, drugged, and a hate-on for the entire
world. Yup, a kaner fer shure!

My aren't we bitter today Poop. Glad to see I've gotten to you ya old
goat's ass.

G Henslee

Poop wrote:

Luck to you too kaner!

Most people quit making up their own words when they get out of diapers.
So, how's the Depends working out forya, you old ****ass?
SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote to Pop:

My aren't we bitter today Poop. Glad to see I've gotten to you ya old
goat's ass.

And yet you bawl and squeal when another trolls? At least the OP had a
sense of humor. A chainsaw to cut a chain. Get it?

No?

Figgers.

Steve

G Henslee

SteveB wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote to Pop:

My aren't we bitter today Poop. Glad to see I've gotten to you ya old
goat's ass.

And yet you bawl and squeal when another trolls? At least the OP had a
sense of humor. A chainsaw to cut a chain. Get it?

No?

Figgers.

Steve

Oh I "get it" you moron. Before anyone else. If you had any sense of
comprehension you would have noticed that in my first reply to the OP.

As for bawl and squeal? Me? Bull****. I love trolls. It's pussies
like you that PLONK em! LOL

Get your head out of your ass...
SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote to Pop:

My aren't we bitter today Poop. Glad to see I've gotten to you ya old
goat's ass.

And yet you bawl and squeal when another trolls? At least the OP had a
sense of humor. A chainsaw to cut a chain. Get it?

No?

Figgers.

Steve

Oh I "get it" you moron. Before anyone else. If you had any sense of
comprehension you would have noticed that in my first reply to the OP.

As for bawl and squeal? Me? Bull****. I love trolls. It's pussies
like you that PLONK em! LOL

Get your head out of your ass...

Yet another well written informative post from you. Thank you for sharing.

Steve

G Henslee

StumpStoopid wrote:
wrote in message

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

You can buy a cheap o pair of bolt cutters at Harbor Freight, or maybe Home
depot. You will need them again sometime, and once you have some, you will
be amazed at how many times you will use it.

I got a set from a police auction of confiscated evidence. They are 43"
long. I got them for $20. They are American made, MCC True Craft. I also
have two smaller pair. When I want to cut something big, just get that big
bad boy out, and POINK!

A good pair of bolt cutters is a good tool to have.

Steve

Hook - line and sinker. The troll snags another one! No wonder you're
****ed. And then take it out on me. Wah.
What a puss.
SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote

Hook - line and sinker. The troll snags another one! No wonder you're
****ed. And then take it out on me. Wah.
What a puss.

I'll sure be glad when school starts again and you have something else to do
all day.

Although the OP may have been a troll, the suggestion about having a pair of
bolt cutters around is a good one. After all, this is a group about home
repair, right?

What?

You don't know?

Oy, vei.

Steve, who keeps plonking you, but your sorry ass just keeps coming through.

G Henslee

SteveB wrote:

Steve, who keeps plonking you, but your sorry ass
just keeps coming through.

Somebody has to be here to throw the little red ball to you fido.
frank-in-toronto

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 00:06:53 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

Huh? Is this a joke? Chainsaws are not saws to
cut chains but are a chain like saw used to cut
wood.

Cut the chain with a hacksaw (by hand)or cut it
with a bold cutter.

Huh? Is that a better joke? i'd look for a bolt cutter.
....thehick

SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

Steve, who keeps plonking you, but your sorry ass
just keeps coming through.

Somebody has to be here to throw the little red ball to you fido.

Can anyone help me? I have hit the "Block Sender" on this guy a dozen
times, yet he still slithers through. What am I doing wrong? Or does he
have some sort of cyber voodoo that keeps him from being plonked?

He is a real idiot, and I would just like to be rid of him.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

Dan C

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:12:22 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Can anyone help me? I have hit the "Block Sender" on this guy a dozen
times, yet he still slithers through. What am I doing wrong? Or does he
have some sort of cyber voodoo that keeps him from being plonked?

Yeah, use a real newsreader application. Outhouse Excuse is the sorriest
example of virus-riddled crap ever made.

He is a real idiot, and I would just like to be rid of him.

Anyone who uses Outhouse Excuse as a newsreader would also have to be
placed in the Idiot category.

Any help appreciated.

HTH.

Linux Registered User #327951

G Henslee

SteveBStoopid bawled and squealed:

"Mommy mommy, billy's throwing up and bobby's getting all the big
pieces!"

What a dope.
G Henslee

Dan C wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:12:22 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Can anyone help me? I have hit the "Block Sender" on this guy a dozen
times, yet he still slithers through. What am I doing wrong? Or does he
have some sort of cyber voodoo that keeps him from being plonked?

Yep. Cyber voodoo. That's it.

Yeah, use a real newsreader application.

How about use a little backbone and just not read the posts. duh...

Sears snow blower chain won't keep tight Mark Home Repair 3 May 9th 05 03:44 AM
Chainsaw oil Bill R Woodturning 29 April 2nd 05 04:57 AM
sharpending chain saw chain? Krystonia5 Home Repair 19 January 31st 05 01:11 PM
Chain Saw Bar Wear Jonathan Goodish Woodworking 36 January 22nd 05 11:36 PM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM