Duane Bozarth

G Henslee wrote:

wrote:
I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain.
My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw.
Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool?
Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

You have a good neighbor. Be nice to him.
"Tool rental" in the yellow pages. Good luck.

A "chainsaw" isn't a saw to cut chain...

What you need is simply an appropriately sized bar cutter--the
long-handled jobbies.

Depending on what kind of chain you have, it may be possible to simply
cut it w/ a hacksaw. I'd measure where you need it cut and run down to
the local hardware store and go to the chain section and use theirs to
cut it if I didn't have one of my own. If they're one of the chain
franchises they may bitch a little and make you let them and charge a
nominal fee, but can't imagine more than $0.50/cut at the absolute
most...