Curly Sue

Default Little tiny flies around sinks and toilet

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 06:13:28 -0500, wrote:

I have little tiny flies around all sinks and the toilet. They look
like fruit flies, and could be since last week I found some potatoes
that somehow got put in a plastic tub and were forgotten. The tub was
filled with these flies, but was taken outside and tossed. I would
think the flies from that would be gone by now. They seem to hang
under the toilet rim and hang around all the sinks. I have a septic
so I thought about those little **** flies that live in septic tanks
and such, but the sinks all have traps and of course the toilet has
water in it. Because I have pets that must stay indoors, (caged
rabbits and cats) I dont care to use "Raid" or anything like that. I
did pour bleach in all sinks and toilet, but that did nothing. I can
not imagine where they are coming from, nor how to get rid of them.
Any suggestions? Thanks for all help.

Use a trap. Maybe fly paper would work. If you put some jelly in the
bottom of a jar with a constricted neck they will go in there. When
you have quite a few, put the lid on and toss the jar.

Wash down all surfaces in the affected room. A friend had an ongoing
infestation in his kitchen until he washed all of the counters (some
people need a motivation besides godliness, I guess). My guess is
there were eggs all over. A regular bathroom cleaner should suffice.

Sue(tm)
Rudy

They seem to hang
under the toilet rim and hang around all the sinks.

Way back, I found them living in the crud that accumulates in the overflow
in the bathroom sink. I poured boiling water down there and that fixed the
problem. You could try pouring some bleach down there too and flush that out
as well and flush out the toilet rim rinse jets too.

Bar Keeper's Friend for Toilet Lime Scale? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 29th 05 01:15 AM
Blocked toilet... help! Martin UK diy 6 July 30th 04 08:39 PM
Big toilet problem any ideas? Brad and Julie Vaughn Home Repair 2 April 14th 04 02:14 PM