Lar

In article ,
says...
I have little tiny flies around all sinks and the toilet. They look
like fruit flies, and could be since last week I found some potatoes
that somehow got put in a plastic tub and were forgotten. The tub was
filled with these flies, but was taken outside and tossed. I would
think the flies from that would be gone by now. They seem to hang
under the toilet rim and hang around all the sinks. I have a septic
so I thought about those little **** flies that live in septic tanks
and such, but the sinks all have traps and of course the toilet has
water in it. Because I have pets that must stay indoors, (caged
rabbits and cats) I dont care to use "Raid" or anything like that. I
did pour bleach in all sinks and toilet, but that did nothing. I can
not imagine where they are coming from, nor how to get rid of them.
Any suggestions? Thanks for all help.

Fruit flies will have a reddish tint, if they do you still have a food
source somewhere that needs to be found...if the gnats are dark/black
they may be fungus gnats found in the soil of potted plants that are
kept too wet...they can also come from under the home if there is a
crawl space with a water problem. If you have any drains that are not
often used the water may of evaporated from the "p" trap and letting
them come from the sewer/septic.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS