Default Central A/C won't blow cold air

This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

Is the outside unit running ? It may be on a separate fuse, there's
often a box outside for the A/C unit.

If the outside thingy is running it may be something pricey. Condenser
? Is the freon supply inbound cold to the touch ?

Hound Dog

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

Several months ago my AC, which had been working great up to that time,
started blowing only warm air also.

Checked the outside unit and it was not running. The circuit breaker was ok
too.

Called the repair guys.

Everything was up and running great again after the guys removed about ten
gallons of fire ants which had built a nest inside the unit and was shorting
it out.

Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

Could be a number of things, but
I bet your filter is stopped up, or, there IS NO filter and now your coil is
stopped up.

More info. The compressor and the fan over the compressor are not
running. Question. Could brief power outages (1-2 seconds long) cause
this problem? I have tried turning the breaker on and off in the
garage but it is still not coming on. From time to time we have
problems with the electic company here. The power will just go out for
no apparent reason and then come back on. If any of you think this
could cause this problem, do you have any suggestions on how to get the
electric company to pay for the repairs?

Thanks

Jimbo

First time my unit quit on me I check and one of the breakers had blown. I
reset it and it blew again less than an hour later. Called a friend who
services the units and he took the garden hose to the base of the unit and
blew out all kinds of crap and I didn't blow any more fuses. The service
guy told me that the plugged unit was acting like a plugged radiator in your
car the cooling unit was overheating and blowing the fuses. Apparently it's
a very commmon problem that keeps him busy at the beginning of the air
conditioning season..

Jimbo

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

Could be a number of things, but
I bet your filter is stopped up, or, there IS NO filter and now your coil
is stopped up.

Some compressors have a manual reset on them too (little red button
near where
the freon lines go into the unit)