Lynsey Stewart

Default No Cold water from bath tap

Hi, I have a problem with the cold water going to my bath and shower,
and before we go to the expense of calling in a plumber im wondering
if there is something we can do ourselves. The bath is in the far
side of the house, the boiler is in the kitchen, which is in the
middle of the house. The pipes which run into the house for the cold
water is coming into the house from the same side as the bathroom!
The problem is that the cold water tap in the bath is not working.
The cold water is going to the toilet, the bathroom sink and to the
kitchen sink. Why not the bath, when it comes first? We live first
floor flat of an old house.
Christian McArdle

Hi, I have a problem with the cold water going to my bath and shower,

Are any of the cold taps gravity fed, rather than being off the mains?

When did it stop working? Has it ever worked? The most likely cause if it
suddenly stopped and everything else still works is a broken tap or valve.

Christian.

IMM

"Lynsey Stewart" wrote in message
om...

Hi, I have a problem with the cold water going to my bath and shower,
and before we go to the expense of calling in a plumber im wondering
if there is something we can do ourselves. The bath is in the far
side of the house, the boiler is in the kitchen, which is in the
middle of the house. The pipes which run into the house for the cold
water is coming into the house from the same side as the bathroom!
The problem is that the cold water tap in the bath is not working.
The cold water is going to the toilet, the bathroom sink and to the
kitchen sink. Why not the bath, when it comes first? We live first
floor flat of an old house.

Do you have a hot water cylinder? Do you have a tank in the loft? Is the
cold water off the mains pipe or the tank in the loft (if you have one).

The Natural Philosopher

Lynsey Stewart wrote:

Hi, I have a problem with the cold water going to my bath and shower,
and before we go to the expense of calling in a plumber im wondering
if there is something we can do ourselves. The bath is in the far
side of the house, the boiler is in the kitchen, which is in the
middle of the house. The pipes which run into the house for the cold
water is coming into the house from the same side as the bathroom!
The problem is that the cold water tap in the bath is not working.
The cold water is going to the toilet, the bathroom sink and to the
kitchen sink. Why not the bath, when it comes first? We live first
floor flat of an old house.

Chances are its gravity fed from a tank, not direct from teh mains, and
you have an airlock.

Standard trick is to connect a hose to kitchen tap at high pressure, and
tape it to cold water tap in bathroom, and switch on both taps. Should
hear gurgling from tank in loft, don't overdo it or the latter will flood.