DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Central A/C won't blow cold air (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/110959-central-c-wont-blow-cold-air.html)

[email protected] June 11th 05 04:47 AM

Central A/C won't blow cold air

This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

[email protected] June 11th 05 05:05 AM

Is the outside unit running ? It may be on a separate fuse, there's
often a box outside for the A/C unit.

If the outside thingy is running it may be something pricey. Condenser
? Is the freon supply inbound cold to the touch ?

HvacTech2 June 11th 05 05:29 AM

Hi , hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jun-05 At About 08:47:59,
wrote to All
Subject: Central A/C won't blow cold air

b From:

b This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I
b also have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows
b warm air. Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be
b wrong?

The Ycc is a package A/C Unit. there isn't much you can really do unless you
are trained to troubleshoot them.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "I couldn't find the remote control to the remote control."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

Hound Dog June 11th 05 08:28 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

Several months ago my AC, which had been working great up to that time,
started blowing only warm air also.

Checked the outside unit and it was not running. The circuit breaker was ok
too.

Called the repair guys.

Everything was up and running great again after the guys removed about ten
gallons of fire ants which had built a nest inside the unit and was shorting
it out.

Dr. Hardcrab June 11th 05 11:34 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is on Trane model YCC042F1M0BB gas heat and electric A/C. I also
have a digital t-stat (Honeywell 3600A). The a/c just blows warm air.
Anything I could check or suggestions on what could be wrong?

TIA

Could be a number of things, but
I bet your filter is stopped up, or, there IS NO filter and now your coil is
stopped up.

[email protected] June 11th 05 04:09 PM

More info. The compressor and the fan over the compressor are not
running. Question. Could brief power outages (1-2 seconds long) cause
this problem? I have tried turning the breaker on and off in the
garage but it is still not coming on. From time to time we have
problems with the electic company here. The power will just go out for
no apparent reason and then come back on. If any of you think this
could cause this problem, do you have any suggestions on how to get the
electric company to pay for the repairs?

Thanks

Bob June 11th 05 04:59 PM

wrote:
More info. The compressor and the fan over the compressor are not
running. Question. Could brief power outages (1-2 seconds long)
cause this problem? I have tried turning the breaker on and off in
the garage but it is still not coming on. From time to time we have
problems with the electic company here. The power will just go out
for no apparent reason and then come back on. If any of you think
this could cause this problem, do you have any suggestions on how to
get the electric company to pay for the repairs?

Thanks

Along with the circuit breaker in the house, you may have a pair of fuses in
the disconnect box outside where your compressor is. Open the box, and pull
the disconnect; on mine there are a pair of 20 Amp large cartridge fuses.
Many years ago my A/C started up just as the power failed, and one of the
fuses opened up, so the compressor wouldn't run.

Bob.

Jimbo June 12th 05 02:54 AM

First time my unit quit on me I check and one of the breakers had blown. I
reset it and it blew again less than an hour later. Called a friend who
services the units and he took the garden hose to the base of the unit and
blew out all kinds of crap and I didn't blow any more fuses. The service
guy told me that the plugged unit was acting like a plugged radiator in your
car the cooling unit was overheating and blowing the fuses. Apparently it's
a very commmon problem that keeps him busy at the beginning of the air
conditioning season..

Jimbo

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

oups.com...

[email protected] June 12th 05 05:45 AM

Some compressors have a manual reset on them too (little red button
near where
the freon lines go into the unit)