Colbyt

Default Looking for Reusable plastic Tie Wrap

"MP" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a specific plastic tie wrap, looks like a christmas tree
with a slit at the one end (so you can feed it through then twist it in
place. Something like this: If someone knows where I can get these I

would
REALLY appreciate it as I can't find them anywhere.

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \

This is the second or third time you have posted. If I am understanding your
request, this type comes with some garbage bags. Do you a supplier? Or a
quantity of them?

If you posted what you want to do with them, some one, myself included might
be able to help you.

Colbyt

MP

Sorry about the posting. My OE keeps giving me a header error when I try to
post, I didn't realize they were making it through.

I would like to use them to clean up wiring and don't want to use a
permanent tie wrap only to cut it if I need to add another wire. Someone
told me they were available at Home Hardware but I've never seen them there
and I've asked as well.

Cheers

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"MP" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Colbyt

"MP" ytnomA@ThotmailDOTcom wrote in message

Sorry about the posting. My OE keeps giving me a header error when I try

post, I didn't realize they were making it through.

I would like to use them to clean up wiring and don't want to use a
permanent tie wrap only to cut it if I need to add another wire. Someone
told me they were available at Home Hardware but I've never seen them

there
and I've asked as well.

Cheers

I did a Google leaving out the word plastic. 609 hits. Here's the link.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=S earch

Partsexpress had what you wanted.

The other poster is correct. You can reuse any of them if you unlock them.
I never bother. If I add a wire I just add another tie to the existing
bundle. Someone someday will call me names when they have to take it all
apart. My luck it will be me.

Colbyt

ameijers

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"MP" ytnomA@ThotmailDOTcom wrote in message

Sorry about the posting. My OE keeps giving me a header error when I try

post, I didn't realize they were making it through.

I would like to use them to clean up wiring and don't want to use a
permanent tie wrap only to cut it if I need to add another wire. Someone
told me they were available at Home Hardware but I've never seen them

there
and I've asked as well.

Cheers

Uh, wrong tool for the job. The soft plastic 'christmas tree' style ones
stretch over time, and fail under stress. Not really designed for long-term
use, as fits with primary application on garbage bags. We bought them at
work to use in supply room, coiling up and sorting out spare cables for
reuse. They DO sell reusable wire ties, where the locking block slides back
and releases the shaft, and multiple other styles. At work, in the
constantly-reconfigured LAN wiring closets, we use velcro wire wraps. There
is a whole other world of fastener products out there other than what you
see in the civilian stores. Your local industrial supply has or can get
them, or doubtless they are available online from several sources.

GoogleGoogleGoogle.....

'reusable cable ties' comes up with 27000 hits......

aem sends...

L M

MP wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a specific plastic tie wrap, looks like a christmas tree
with a slit at the one end (so you can feed it through then twist it in
place. Something like this: If someone knows where I can get these I would
REALLY appreciate it as I can't find them anywhere.

We use Velcro. Comes in rolls. Cut it to any length.
No limit to its use.

Search Velcro ties

Looking for plastic tie wrap (reusable) MP Home Repair 4 May 31st 05 03:12 PM
Living in an MDF universe Paul Hays Woodworking 19 April 11th 05 12:41 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM
Plastic Food Wrap, what happened to "Saran Wrap"? Loren Coe Metalworking 15 December 27th 03 03:56 AM