tenplay

Default Whirlpool dishwasher front panel

We have a built-in Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher. The panel
that covers the door and the rubber strip that held it in place fell
off. We have been unable to get the strip and panel to stay back on.
The rubber strip has foam backing. Thanks for any advice.

Appliance Repair Aid

tenplay wrote:
We have a built-in Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher. The panel

that covers the door and the rubber strip that held it in place fell
off. We have been unable to get the strip and panel to stay back on.

The rubber strip has foam backing. Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher

This does little to ID the d/w.....model#??

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Hopefully someone will recognize it and can help

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

tenplay

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
tenplay wrote:

We have a built-in Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher. The panel

that covers the door and the rubber strip that held it in place fell
off. We have been unable to get the strip and panel to stay back on.

The rubber strip has foam backing. Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher

This does little to ID the d/w.....model#??

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Hopefully someone will recognize it and can help

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks for responding. The Model # is DU8700XY-5. The serial # is
FC4419548.
Appliance Repair Aid

tenplay wrote:
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
tenplay wrote:

We have a built-in Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher. The

panel

that covers the door and the rubber strip that held it in place

fell
off. We have been unable to get the strip and panel to stay back

on.

The rubber strip has foam backing. Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher

This does little to ID the d/w.....model#??

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Hopefully someone will recognize it and can help

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks for responding. The Model # is DU8700XY-5. The serial # is
FC4419548.

Hi,

The parts breakdowns might help...
http://tinyurl.com/9fagm
Appears #20 pushes/clips into #26 to hold the panal in place.

There is an "Dishwasher door panel channel retainer kit" for your
model#.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2729

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

tenplay

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
tenplay wrote:

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

tenplay wrote:

[...]

Thanks for finding the information for me. The "retainer kit" looks
like parts #20 & 26 plus some kind of adhesive. It seems I already have
the parts and perhaps just need the correct adhesive to reattach the
door panel. What kind of adhesive would do the best job? Is it as
simple as I am describing or should I order the "retainer kit" for $40?
Mike
Appliance Repair Aid

tenplay wrote:
Thanks for finding the information for me. The "retainer kit" looks
like parts #20 & 26 plus some kind of adhesive. It seems I already

have
the parts and perhaps just need the correct adhesive to reattach the
door panel. What kind of adhesive would do the best job? Is it as
simple as I am describing or should I order the "retainer kit" for

$40?
Mike

Hi,

It seems I already have
the parts and perhaps just need the correct adhesive to reattach the
door panel.

*As long* as they are intact/not cracked or broken and will hold ok,
they likely can be reused. New kit -may- be something updated, might
call them and ask about that.

What kind of adhesive would do the best job?

A water and higher temp adhesive should do fine...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1363

Outside the d/w the above is fine, inside we use something food
grade/safe!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

tenplay

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
tenplay wrote:

[...]

Thanks again, Jeff. Very kind of you to help me with your advice. I
left an email message at the Whirlpool website asking their opinion of
whether I need new parts or not. With their help and yours, I should be
able to make the repair. Mike