Spider_crk

Default Whirlpool Dishwasher Programmer Not Progressing

Hi all,

I have had a Whirlpool Generation 2000 for 5 years. Recently the
programmer started to stick at rinse. Also it does not appear to be
heating even when turned on manually. I have had a local engineer
"fix" it 3 times but the problem still comes back after a few weeks.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks in anticipation...

Spider_crk
jeff

(Spider_crk) wrote in message . com...

Hi,

I have had a Whirlpool Generation 2000 for 5 years.

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Recently the
programmer started to stick at rinse.

Timer?

Also it does not appear to be
heating even when turned on manually. I have had a local engineer
"fix" it 3 times but the problem still comes back after a few weeks.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

UK style d/w?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Spider_crk

Hi Jeff,

Its a UK Whrlpool Generation 2000
ADG 720 AV/2 AS1

Hope you can help pont me in the right direction ...

Spider_crk

(jeff) wrote in message . com...
(Spider_crk) wrote in message . com...

Hi,

I have had a Whirlpool Generation 2000 for 5 years.

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Recently the
programmer started to stick at rinse.

Timer?

Also it does not appear to be
heating even when turned on manually. I have had a local engineer
"fix" it 3 times but the problem still comes back after a few weeks.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

UK style d/w?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Spider_crk

Hi,

Sorry, not familier with the UK style appliances, one of the links
from below may find someone that can help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hi again,

If it helps, I have read in another post that in similar situations it
may be the thermal cutout which needs reset perhaps due to a faulty
thermostat (this could be what the engineer is doing when he visits
but not finding the cause of the cutout operating).

Does anyone know what the thermal cutout looks like (the post said a
long screwdriver was necessary) and how it is reset. Any help
appreciated as the dishes are piling up.

Spider_crk