tenplay

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
tenplay wrote:

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

tenplay wrote:

We have a built-in Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher. The

panel

that covers the door and the rubber strip that held it in place

fell

off. We have been unable to get the strip and panel to stay back

on.

The rubber strip has foam backing. Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Series dishwasher

This does little to ID the d/w.....model#??

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Hopefully someone will recognize it and can help

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks for responding. The Model # is DU8700XY-5. The serial # is
FC4419548.

Hi,

The parts breakdowns might help...
http://tinyurl.com/9fagm
Appears #20 pushes/clips into #26 to hold the panal in place.

There is an "Dishwasher door panel channel retainer kit" for your
model#.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2729

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks for finding the information for me. The "retainer kit" looks
like parts #20 & 26 plus some kind of adhesive. It seems I already have
the parts and perhaps just need the correct adhesive to reattach the
door panel. What kind of adhesive would do the best job? Is it as
simple as I am describing or should I order the "retainer kit" for $40?
Mike