Default Mouse prevention??

Got a crack in garage that my wife is convinced lets in dozens of mice
every night (whatever) and wants it sealed. I have heard that putting
steel wool in the crack, then expanding foam is the best solution.

Good idea?

borgunit

I think the foam and some mouse traps are a good bet.

SteveB

wrote in message
oups.com...
Got a crack in garage that my wife is convinced lets in dozens of mice
every night (whatever) and wants it sealed. I have heard that putting
steel wool in the crack, then expanding foam is the best solution.

Good idea?

If you have a garage that has only one place that a mouse can get in, you
have the only one in the WORLD that is that well built.

I would suggest that you get traps and keep them out. I prefer the glue
traps because you can just leave them out, and don't have to check and reset
them all the time. They are cheap, and you don't have to touch the
disgusting little darlings.

Steve

Duane Bozarth

SteveB wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Got a crack in garage that my wife is convinced lets in dozens of mice
every night (whatever) and wants it sealed. I have heard that putting
steel wool in the crack, then expanding foam is the best solution.

Good idea?

If you have a garage that has only one place that a mouse can get in, you
have the only one in the WORLD that is that well built.

I would suggest that you get traps and keep them out. I prefer the glue
traps because you can just leave them out, and don't have to check and reset
them all the time. They are cheap, and you don't have to touch the
disgusting little darlings.

Steve

A D-Con bait container is also quite effective.

notspike

SteveB wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Got a crack in garage that my wife is convinced lets in dozens of mice
every night (whatever) and wants it sealed. I have heard that putting
steel wool in the crack, then expanding foam is the best solution.

Good idea?

If you have a garage that has only one place that a mouse can get in, you
have the only one in the WORLD that is that well built.

I would suggest that you get traps and keep them out. I prefer the glue
traps because you can just leave them out, and don't have to check and reset
them all the time. They are cheap, and you don't have to touch the
disgusting little darlings.

Steve

I like that 'snap' sound when they are caught in a trap. It also
gives you an indication of when they are active in areas that are
trapped. I have caught most during daylight. this surprised me because
like the wife I thought they would sneek in at nite. That shows just
how sneakey they are!

you didnt say what your garage was made of, but if its concrete block
,how bout some cement to fill the hole?? i might use foam if its wood,
and maybe some galvanized sheetmetal tacked ove the hole..gemplers.com
has mouse bait in 5 gallon buckets that can keeop the mice down.lucas

SteveB

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:42:04 -0500, "HeyBub"

Got a crack in garage that my wife is convinced lets in dozens of mice
every night (whatever) and wants it sealed. I have heard that
putting steel wool in the crack, then expanding foam is the best
solution.

Good idea?

Think cat. You can borrow one.

We are here for you.

"Rent a Cat, Inc."
We'll rent you a cat by the day, the week, the month or longer.
Only $25 per day, or $100 per week (feed is extra).
All of our cats are guaranteed to eat mice. You have your choice of
colors and you can choose a male or female.
Rent the cat for an entire year, and we'll give you a bonus price.
Contract and references required.

Simply call 1-800-RENTCAT

Are there any protection clauses? What if one of your male cats has a lapse
of morals and fathers some little mousers in the neighborhood? What if one
of your female cats gets pregnant on the job and has six kittens? Does the
rate increase for the additional staff?

How can I be sure I am renting an ethical moral security agent? Do they
come with background checks?

Steve ;-)

Nick Hull

In article TLMde.14122$_K.3513@fed1read03,
"SteveB" wrote:

How can I be sure I am renting an ethical moral security agent? Do they
come with background checks?

You want ethics from something that loves to kill?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Goedjn

How can I be sure I am renting an ethical moral security agent? Do they
come with background checks?

You want ethics from something that loves to kill?

I think you're confusing ethics and morality.
D i a n e .

Our 100 year old house had a very stable mice community when we moved
in. I tried all kinds of things to eliminate those beady eyed, whisker
twitching varmints. I also have allergies, so looked into natural type
repellents. I found out mice (and fleas) don't like peppermint. At
first, I got essential peppermint oil and sprayed where I knew they
traveled and hid. IT WORKED!! and made the house smell nice. very
invigorating. Then I bought cheap peppermint candy in the cellophane (I
Left cellophane on) and threw it around, behind furniture, behind
refridgerator and stove (very important places (BUT that's another
story) Haven't seen a mouse since.