Robert11

Default Blowers Quest. On New Gas, forced Hot Air Residential Furnaces ?

Hello,

Are the main blowers on the new Gas, forced hot air residential furnaces
(typically)
spec'd to run at 208 or 115 V ?

Trying to get some technical basic info on them (Am. St'd & Trane) before
contacting contractors.
Their sites do not offer much in this regard.

Thanks,
Bob

m Ransley

110 for all units in my brochures is normal .

Look into VS DC they use 1/3rd to 1/2 the power but get the 10 yr
warranty. Even though they were recently redisigned it is to early to
tell about reliability. VS will increase Seer by 1 in AC mode as well so
you save winter and summer. They can also be set on very low speed and
be controled by a humidistat-thermostat to remove double the humidity of
non VS DC. With Carrier you can adjust fan speed at the thermostat with
their thermostat. So if it is just humid inside and you don`t really
want to cool set it to low fan to pull humidity out. Carrier at low uses
apx 110 watts compared to 375 for a regular blower. In heat mode you can
get more even heat and continous air filtration on low. Ive run numbers
on electric consumption and at .125Kwh I have a 4-5 yr payback on VS DC
plus the extra comfort.

Robert11

Hi,

Much thanks for info and reply.

Bob
----------------------------

"m Ransley" wrote in message
110 for all units in my brochures is normal .

Look into VS DC they use 1/3rd to 1/2 the power but get the 10 yr
warranty. Even though they were recently redisigned it is to early to
tell about reliability. VS will increase Seer by 1 in AC mode as well so
you save winter and summer. They can also be set on very low speed and
be controled by a humidistat-thermostat to remove double the humidity of
non VS DC. With Carrier you can adjust fan speed at the thermostat with
their thermostat. So if it is just humid inside and you don`t really
want to cool set it to low fan to pull humidity out. Carrier at low uses
apx 110 watts compared to 375 for a regular blower. In heat mode you can
get more even heat and continous air filtration on low. Ive run numbers
on electric consumption and at .125Kwh I have a 4-5 yr payback on VS DC
plus the extra comfort.

AlanBown

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Are the main blowers on the new Gas, forced hot air residential furnaces
(typically)
spec'd to run at 208 or 115 V ?

Trying to get some technical basic info on them (Am. St'd & Trane) before
contacting contractors.
Their sites do not offer much in this regard.

Thanks,
Bob

My AM was 120v and VFD. If I had bought a heat pump it would have been 240v.
But since I went with gas heat the blower was 120v. Never did get a
understandable answer on why 240v was not available then. (this was circa
1991)

Greg O

"AlanBown" wrote in message

My AM was 120v and VFD. If I had bought a heat pump it would have been
240v.

But since I went with gas heat the blower was 120v. Never did get a
understandable answer on why 240v was not available then. (this was circa
1991)

No reason to build a gas furnace for 240 volt. The motor is the largest draw
and most draw less than 10 amps @ 120 volts
On the other hand, air handlers are typically 240 volt as most have electric
heat strips installed that need 240 volt because of the high amp draw.
Greg

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Are the main blowers on the new Gas, forced hot air residential furnaces
(typically)
spec'd to run at 208 or 115 V ?

Trying to get some technical basic info on them (Am. St'd & Trane) before
contacting contractors.
Their sites do not offer much in this regard.

Thanks,
Bob

115VAC is standard, but you can get units in 220VAC..