TP

Default flush golf balls

Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a
TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had
the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion
models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto.
Anyone found one to be better than the other?

Thanks
GC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:56:39 GMT, TP
wrote:

Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a
TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had
the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion
models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto.
Anyone found one to be better than the other?

Thanks

I can't tell you anything about the Toto,but I bought a champion a
couple of months ago,and I love it.I haven't tried flushing any golf
balls,but it flushes everything that it is suppose to,and so far with
only one flush.I got mine at Lowe's buying the tank,bowl and seat
separatly,plus the wax ring,for right at 300 dollars.I believe if you
got one you won't be disapointed.
m Ransley

Read Consumer Reports they tested alot of toilets some cheap ones
worked fine price does not mean it is the best toilet.

Joseph Meehan

TP wrote:
Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a
TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had
the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion
models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto.
Anyone found one to be better than the other?

Thanks

If you want to flush golf balls pay attention to that commercial. Other
than that, don't pay attention to commercials, they make them all look good.

The generally accepted winner is usually the American Standard Cadet
line. They are reasonable priced and work well. If you are shopping around
look for a fully glazed large (like 2") trap. That one feature is likely
the best indication of how well it is going to work.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Dick

wrote:

Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a
TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had
the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion
models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto.
Anyone found one to be better than the other?

Thanks

The American Standard Cadet, Gerber Ultra Flush and the Toto's are
generally considered to be equal in performance. The main difference
between them is that the Gerber and American Standard are air assisted
and very noisy in operation. The Toto's are a modified gravity feed
and very quiet. That alone could influence your decision. We have 3
Toto's. They are everything a toilet should be.

Dick

Joseph Meehan

wrote:

Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a
TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had
the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion
models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto.
Anyone found one to be better than the other?

Thanks

The American Standard Cadet, Gerber Ultra Flush and the Toto's are
generally considered to be equal in performance. The main difference
between them is that the Gerber and American Standard are air assisted
and very noisy in operation.

Where there may be an American Standard Cadet that is air assisted, most
if not all are not.

I just checked there current line. One is pressure assisted and three
are not.

The Toto's are a modified gravity feed
and very quiet. That alone could influence your decision. We have 3
Toto's. They are everything a toilet should be.

Dick

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

m Ransley

Pressure assist work but are noisy I have the flushmate system in a
Gerber, it has taken years to get used to , Im sure the neighbors can
hear it. Try one before buying

Dick

wrote:

[...]

If you look at the Map report on Terry Love's site (listed under the
first Toto report) http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm you will see
that the non-pressure assist American Standard toilets did very poorly
against the Toto's and pressure-assist American Standard's. So, yes,
you can get a non-pressure assisted Cadet, but it won't hold a candle
to a Toto or the pressure-assisted Cadet.

Dick
Andy Asberry

wrote:

Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a
TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had
the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion
models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto.
Anyone found one to be better than the other?

Thanks

I can't comment on the Champion or American Standard. I do have 4
Totos. I don't consider them expensive. Four years ago, I paid $83
each. That included the tank, bowl and valve. Seat extra.

I did a lot of research. Mine have 2 3/8" glazed traps.
TP

Thank You all.

Great advice. I was leaning toward Toto, all the comments
confirmed it.

Thanks!