DIY Novice

Default Can you get an 'S' shaped Flush Pipe for toilet?

We would like to fit a ceramic cistern where a slim (but ugly) plastic
cistern currently sits but would like to avoid moving the (toilet) Pan
which sits quite close to the wall.
As the flush pipe slot in the ceramic cistern starts an inch further
forward than the plastic cistern, a normal flush pipe won't fit.
The solution would be an 'S' shaped flush pipe, does anybody know if
you can get one of these, and if so where?
Dave Jones

"DIY Novice" wrote in message
om...
We would like to fit a ceramic cistern where a slim (but ugly) plastic
cistern currently sits but would like to avoid moving the (toilet) Pan
which sits quite close to the wall.
As the flush pipe slot in the ceramic cistern starts an inch further
forward than the plastic cistern, a normal flush pipe won't fit.
The solution would be an 'S' shaped flush pipe, does anybody know if
you can get one of these, and if so where?

Why not just shorten the end that goes into the pan.

L Reid

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"DIY Novice" wrote in message
om...
We would like to fit a ceramic cistern where a slim (but ugly) plastic
cistern currently sits but would like to avoid moving the (toilet) Pan
which sits quite close to the wall.
As the flush pipe slot in the ceramic cistern starts an inch further
forward than the plastic cistern, a normal flush pipe won't fit.
The solution would be an 'S' shaped flush pipe, does anybody know if
you can get one of these, and if so where?

Why not just shorten the end that goes into the pan.

Surely you mean lengthen the end that goes into the pan (I take it you mean
soil pipe). OP advises not able to move pan, however I'd be curious to know
if he (or she) has considered the implications on the toilet seat raising
and standing mechanism (i.e. against the cistern) if they were to move said
item 1" forward. Damn sure in my house it means I have to be ambidextrous!
Not my fitting by the way!

Dave Jones

"L Reid" wrote in message
. uk...
"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"DIY Novice" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Nope. Shorten the pipe which comes from the cistern by an inch

Jentrev96

B Q do a flexi pipe for soil pipes i recently installed one retail around
£16-95.