smithfarms pure kona

Default dried clothes? Help

Yesterday, my dryer ran out of propane. I was drying a load of
laundry and didn't realise the gas had run out. When I checked the
clothes, they were damp-ish but they were covered in what looked like
blackish residue... some sort of dark black stuff. The lint filter
which is cleaned after every use, had black lint which did not come
from the light colored clothes.

I re-washed my clothes twice and then pretty successfully dried them.
Most of the black stuff came off although one shirt still has the
black marks on it and I had to use some bleach type detergent which
isn't the best for some of the clothes I was drying.

My question is this...what happened? How did something dark sooty
looking come into my dryer, which is only about 4 years old? Did it
come from the bottom of the propane tank? I want to avoid it ever
happening, of course in the future.

Any help will be so greatly appreciated.Thanks.

with aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
RicodJour

smithfarms pure kona wrote:
Yesterday, my dryer ran out of propane. I was drying a load of
laundry and didn't realise the gas had run out. When I checked the
clothes, they were damp-ish but they were covered in what looked like
blackish residue... some sort of dark black stuff. The lint filter
which is cleaned after every use, had black lint which did not come
from the light colored clothes.

I re-washed my clothes twice and then pretty successfully dried them.
Most of the black stuff came off although one shirt still has the
black marks on it and I had to use some bleach type detergent which
isn't the best for some of the clothes I was drying.

My question is this...what happened? How did something dark sooty
looking come into my dryer, which is only about 4 years old? Did it
come from the bottom of the propane tank? I want to avoid it ever
happening, of course in the future.

How long were the clothes sitting in that damp state? That black stuff
may be mold.

smithfarms pure kona

On 7 Apr 2005 17:32:28 -0700, "RicodJour"
wrote:

smithfarms pure kona wrote:
Yesterday, my dryer ran out of propane. I was drying a load of
laundry and didn't realise the gas had run out. When I checked the
clothes, they were damp-ish but they were covered in what looked

like
snipped.......
How long were the clothes sitting in that damp state? That black

stuff
may be mold.

No it was just about an hour. I put them in the dryer and went to get
them after an hour. Something somehow got into the dryer and I have
no clue.

BTW We put in a new propane and the problem is not happening today but
I never want it to happen again.

aloha,
Thunder.
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
Greg O

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
Yesterday, my dryer ran out of propane. I was drying a load of
laundry and didn't realise the gas had run out. When I checked the
clothes, they were damp-ish but they were covered in what looked like
blackish residue... some sort of dark black stuff.

The black stuff is soot from a poor fuel/air ratio when you ran out of
propane.
Keep the tank filled and it will never happen again.
Greg

[...]

Thats called SOOT.

When you ran low, and the pressure dropped, you started to soot, and this
got into your clothes and dryer.

Ought to see a furnace thats been run low on pane and ran til it quit...

smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:09:44 -0400, "
wrote:

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thank you to you and Greg for your answers! Of course we don't have
furnaces in Hawaii but it did look like soot.

So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay -
right?.

Thanks very much.

with aloha from South Kona, Hawaii,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
Greg O

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay -
right?.

Correct.
Greg

smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:23:30 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay

-
right?.

Correct.
Greg

Thank you Greg.

with aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff

wrote:

[...]

Oh..SURE ya do...
You just never use them. LOL

So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay -
right?.

Correct, and I would also want to make sure that the orifice was changed out
to LPG and not still a NG one....just to be on the safe side.

Thanks very much.

with aloha from South Kona, Hawaii,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff

smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:06:38 -0400, "
wrote:

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:09:44 -0400, "
wrote:

Oh..SURE ya do...
You just never use them. LOL

So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay

-
right?.

Correct, and I would also want to make sure that the orifice was

changed out
to LPG and not still a NG one....just to be on the safe side.

Thanks very much.

Well we do not have natural gas either so thank you, but we only do
have LPG.

Thanks to everyone for all the information. Sure do appreciate have
you to turn to when we have questions.

aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com