"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:09:44 -0400, "
wrote:

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
.. .
Yesterday, my dryer ran out of propane. I was drying a load of
laundry and didn't realise the gas had run out. When I checked the
clothes, they were damp-ish but they were covered in what looked

like
blackish residue... some sort of dark black stuff. The lint filter
which is cleaned after every use, had black lint which did not come
from the light colored clothes.

I re-washed my clothes twice and then pretty successfully dried

them.
Most of the black stuff came off although one shirt still has the
black marks on it and I had to use some bleach type detergent

which
isn't the best for some of the clothes I was drying.

My question is this...what happened? How did something dark sooty
looking come into my dryer, which is only about 4 years old? Did

it
come from the bottom of the propane tank? I want to avoid it ever
happening, of course in the future.

Any help will be so greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Thats called SOOT.

When you ran low, and the pressure dropped, you started to soot, and

this
got into your clothes and dryer.

Ought to see a furnace thats been run low on pane and ran til it

quit...

Thank you to you and Greg for your answers! Of course we don't have
furnaces in Hawaii but it did look like soot.

Oh..SURE ya do...
You just never use them. LOL

So if we don't the propane get down to the end, we ought to be okay -
right?.

Correct, and I would also want to make sure that the orifice was changed out
to LPG and not still a NG one....just to be on the safe side.

Thanks very much.

with aloha from South Kona, Hawaii,
Thunder
smithfarms.com