Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

P. Lui

Default Pricing of 6" PVC joints

Hi,

I'm looking for all sorts of PVC/ABS joints that are of 6" diameter.
I haven't been able to find them on any online stores. Does anyone
know of the pricing of these?

Thanks,

Patrick
Speedy Jim

P. Lui wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for all sorts of PVC/ABS joints that are of 6" diameter.
I haven't been able to find them on any online stores. Does anyone
know of the pricing of these?

Thanks,

Patrick

Here's one:
http://www.plumbingstore.com/index.html

PVC thru 8"

Jim
TURTLE

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
P. Lui wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for all sorts of PVC/ABS joints that are of 6" diameter.
I haven't been able to find them on any online stores. Does anyone
know of the pricing of these?

Thanks,

Patrick

Here's one:
http://www.plumbingstore.com/index.html

PVC thru 8"

Jim

This is Turtle.

Jim , Are these people real ?

6" Tee $40.00 and a 6" Cap $12.00 .

I maybe missing something here for i only use the 2" to the 6" for vent pipe on
90%+ AFUE furnaces and run about $4.00 to $6.00.

TURTLE

Speedy Jim

TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
P. Lui wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for all sorts of PVC/ABS joints that are of 6" diameter.
I haven't been able to find them on any online stores. Does anyone
know of the pricing of these?

Thanks,

Patrick

Here's one:
http://www.plumbingstore.com/index.html

PVC thru 8"

Jim

This is Turtle.

Jim , Are these people real ?

6" Tee $40.00 and a 6" Cap $12.00 .

I maybe missing something here for i only use the 2" to the 6" for vent pipe on
90%+ AFUE furnaces and run about $4.00 to $6.00.

TURTLE

I guess that's the diff between distributor pricing
and on-line retail...
Jim
TURTLE

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
P. Lui wrote:

[...]

They are Proud of them there Tee's and 90º Elbows.

TURTLE

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:50:14 -0400, someone wrote:

I guess that's the diff between distributor pricing
and on-line retail...
Jim

Not sure why the OP couldn't buy locally anyway. Not a rare item.

-v.
P. Lui

I guess that's the diff between distributor pricing
and on-line retail...
Jim

Not sure why the OP couldn't buy locally anyway. Not a rare item.

-v.

I went to the local Home Depot but couldn't find any. The biggest
ones they have are 4". I was told I have to go to a specialized
plumbing store to get anything bigger.

Patrick
P. Lui

Speedy Jim wrote in message ...
TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
P. Lui wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for all sorts of PVC/ABS joints that are of 6" diameter.
I haven't been able to find them on any online stores. Does anyone
know of the pricing of these?

Thanks,

Patrick

Here's one:
http://www.plumbingstore.com/index.html

PVC thru 8"

Jim

This is Turtle.

Jim , Are these people real ?

6" Tee $40.00 and a 6" Cap $12.00 .

I maybe missing something here for i only use the 2" to the 6" for vent pipe on
90%+ AFUE furnaces and run about $4.00 to $6.00.

TURTLE

I guess that's the diff between distributor pricing
and on-line retail...
Jim

How much would it cost if it's not online?
TURTLE

"P. Lui" wrote in message
om...
Speedy Jim wrote in message ...
TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
P. Lui wrote:

[...]

My Warehouse supply house here carries the 6" Sch. 40 Tee for $14.49 . The
6" 90º Elbow cost $12.99 . These fitting are used on sewer tank lines and fill
lines from 3" to 6" lines. They surprised the hell out of me for being that much
for i don't use many of them and just don't see the prices much. Now the
Suggested Retail is near $40.00 each for these fittings.

TURTLE

Rich Greenberg

In article ,
P. Lui wrote:
I guess that's the diff between distributor pricing
and on-line retail...
Jim

Not sure why the OP couldn't buy locally anyway. Not a rare item.

-v.

I went to the local Home Depot but couldn't find any. The biggest
ones they have are 4". I was told I have to go to a specialized
plumbing store to get anything bigger.

Open your phone book to "P" in the yellow pages and find one.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

P. Lui

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...
"P. Lui" wrote in message
om...
Speedy Jim wrote in message ...
TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
P. Lui wrote:

[...]

Thanks a lot Turtle!

Patrick
TURTLE

"P. Lui" wrote in message
om...
"TURTLE" wrote in message
"P. Lui" wrote in message
om...
Speedy Jim wrote in message ...
TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
P. Lui wrote:

[...]

Go down to your local hardware place and tell them to order you the fitting at a
15 to 20% mark up and you get the $12.99 fitting for $15.58 . The same will be
for the pipe and other fittings. Local hardware places is the key not home
heap-0 or Lows.

TURTLE

On 1 Oct 2004 17:04:50 -0700, someone wrote:

... I was told I have to go to a specialized
plumbing store to get anything bigger.

So go to a local plumbing supply.

In my area there are at least 4 that are closer to me than a Home
Depot is.

I very very seldom get anything from HD, though yes for basic generic
standard items they can have a good price. I am amazed at how they
have the public trained that if its not at HD people can't figure out
how else to get it. HD would be my last resort, not the first choice.

-v.

On 2 Oct 2004 20:35:56 -0700, someone wrote:

How much would it cost if it's not online?

My Warehouse supply house here carries the 6" Sch. 40 Tee for $14.49 . The
6" 90º Elbow cost $12.99 .

Thanks a lot Turtle!

Patrick

Patrick, if you had picked up the phone and called your local plumbing
supply, you could have gotten the price that actually pertains to YOU,
sooner than you got the price that pertains to TURTLE. Your store may
charge a different price thatn the one near TURTLE.

-v.
TURTLE

"P. Lui" wrote in message
om...
"TURTLE" wrote in message
"P. Lui" wrote in message
om...
Speedy Jim wrote in message ...
TURTLE wrote:

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
P. Lui wrote:

[...]

Well if you have trouble getting them at a reasoniable price. Send me a e-mail
and give me your city & State you live in and I will hussel them up in your city
and I tell you where you can buy them for the $12.00 to $15.00 price. I do a
good amount of out of the area buying and can get to what you want and have them
[ hardware stores ] waiting for you in your city to pick them up. I have not
seen any hardware store that would pass up a 15% to 20% profit and cash on the
barrel head.

TURTLE