Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Sanjay Punjab

Default Mattress encasing that preserves the feel of memory foam mattress

I have a new mattress with a memory foam top layer, which seems to
make it very comfortable. I would like to protect the mattress from
spills, so I am searching for a waterproof mattress encasing. The
problem is most of these encasings ruin the mattress feel and defeat
the purpose of having a memory foam top layer on the mattress. Has
anyone found a waterproof mattress encasing that works well with these
new mattresses with memory foam?
Thanks
Brigitte

"Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
om...
I have a new mattress with a memory foam top layer, which seems to
make it very comfortable. I would like to protect the mattress from
spills, so I am searching for a waterproof mattress encasing. The
problem is most of these encasings ruin the mattress feel and defeat
the purpose of having a memory foam top layer on the mattress. Has
anyone found a waterproof mattress encasing that works well with these
new mattresses with memory foam?
Thanks

When I purchased my new mattress a few years ago, I purchased a mattress pad
that guaranteed it wouldn't allow spills to go through. It has worked just
like it says and it doesn't have any sort of plastic feel to it. It has
prevented several "spills" from getting through to the mattress. The
mattress pad has several stains on it that never went through to the pad.
It was a rather expensive mattress pad, but it fits over the mattress, just
like a fittet sheet and is quilted and appears to have a thin fiberous type
filling. You can probably find something similiar where good mattresses are
sold.

HTH,
Brigitte

Joel M. Eichen

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:27:11 -0500, "Brigitte"
wrote:

"Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
. com...
I have a new mattress with a memory foam top layer, which seems to
make it very comfortable. I would like to protect the mattress from
spills, so I am searching for a waterproof mattress encasing. The
problem is most of these encasings ruin the mattress feel and defeat
the purpose of having a memory foam top layer on the mattress. Has
anyone found a waterproof mattress encasing that works well with these
new mattresses with memory foam?
Thanks

When I purchased my new mattress a few years ago, I purchased a mattress pad
that guaranteed it wouldn't allow spills to go through. It has worked just
like it says and it doesn't have any sort of plastic feel to it.

I got one too but then they delivered a sheet of Masonite.

It has
prevented several "spills" from getting through to the mattress. The
mattress pad has several stains on it that never went through to the pad.
It was a rather expensive mattress pad, but it fits over the mattress, just
like a fittet sheet and is quilted and appears to have a thin fiberous type
filling. You can probably find something similiar where good mattresses are
sold.

HTH,
Brigitte

SHARX

Sanjay Punjab wrote:
|| I have a new mattress with a memory foam top layer, which seems to
|| make it very comfortable. I would like to protect the mattress from
|| spills, so I am searching for a waterproof mattress encasing. The
|| problem is most of these encasings ruin the mattress feel and defeat
|| the purpose of having a memory foam top layer on the mattress. Has
|| anyone found a waterproof mattress encasing that works well with
|| these new mattresses with memory foam?
|| Thanks

Wear a condom whenever in bed..and Depends, too.

SHARX

Brigitte wrote:
|| "Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
|| om...
||| I have a new mattress with a memory foam top layer, which seems to
||| make it very comfortable. I would like to protect the mattress from
||| spills, so I am searching for a waterproof mattress encasing. The
||| problem is most of these encasings ruin the mattress feel and defeat
||| the purpose of having a memory foam top layer on the mattress. Has
||| anyone found a waterproof mattress encasing that works well with
||| these new mattresses with memory foam?
||| Thanks
|| When I purchased my new mattress a few years ago, I purchased a
|| mattress pad that guaranteed it wouldn't allow spills to go through.
|| It has worked just like it says and it doesn't have any sort of
|| plastic feel to it. It has prevented several "spills" from getting
|| through to the mattress. The mattress pad has several stains on it
|| that never went through to the pad. It was a rather expensive
|| mattress pad, but it fits over the mattress, just like a fittet
|| sheet and is quilted and appears to have a thin fiberous type
|| filling. You can probably find something similiar where good
|| mattresses are sold.
|| HTH,
|| Brigitte

Uh, what KIND of stains?

Brigitte

"SHARX" wrote in message
Brigitte wrote:
|| "Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
|| om...
||| I have a new mattress with a memory foam top layer, which seems to
||| make it very comfortable. I would like to protect the mattress from
||| spills, so I am searching for a waterproof mattress encasing. The
||| problem is most of these encasings ruin the mattress feel and defeat
||| the purpose of having a memory foam top layer on the mattress. Has
||| anyone found a waterproof mattress encasing that works well with
||| these new mattresses with memory foam?
||| Thanks
|| When I purchased my new mattress a few years ago, I purchased a
|| mattress pad that guaranteed it wouldn't allow spills to go through.
|| It has worked just like it says and it doesn't have any sort of
|| plastic feel to it. It has prevented several "spills" from getting
|| through to the mattress. The mattress pad has several stains on it
|| that never went through to the pad. It was a rather expensive
|| mattress pad, but it fits over the mattress, just like a fittet
|| sheet and is quilted and appears to have a thin fiberous type
|| filling. You can probably find something similiar where good
|| mattresses are sold.
|| HTH,
|| Brigitte

Uh, what KIND of stains?

Does it matter?

SHARX

Brigitte wrote:
|| "SHARX" wrote in message
||| Uh, what KIND of stains?
|| Does it matter?

Yes, it DOES matter! If it DIDN'T matter, I wouldn't have asked the
question!!!!