Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Nigel

Default Memory foam mattress

Also known as Sealy Mirrorform, visco polymer foam developed by NASA,
Memflex mattresses.

If you are using one of these new foam mattresses please can you tell
me whether it can be hotter to sleep on than a conventional spring
mattress. I am considering buying one but am worried as to what it
might be like in summer. Also is anyone aware if all makes are the
same or some are better than others?

Nigel (UK)
Steve Knight

If you are using one of these new foam mattresses please can you tell
me whether it can be hotter to sleep on than a conventional spring
mattress. I am considering buying one but am worried as to what it
might be like in summer. Also is anyone aware if all makes are the
same or some are better than others?

yep as the body heat is needed to make it work. that's a good reason not to get
it.
you could always try a pillow and see how it is.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Randy Chapman

We have a foam topper ($130 for king size at Sam's). It is *definitely*
warmer, no question -- we combatted that with some premium sheets that tend
to be silky cooler feeling...

thanks,
--randy

om...