Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

Default Home ac having problems - freon doesn't seem to be circulating

On Apr 6, 2:51*am, Evan wrote:

It is obvious that you don't have a clue what
look for when you "hose down your condenser"

My method - disconnect power from unit at the outside breaker and main
breaker. Take top grill/fan piece of condenser housing. Pull plant
crap out by hand and/or with a shop vac, hose down the coils to remove
other crap. Anything wrong with this?

Unit was working like a champ the last time I fired it up a few months
ago. Cooled off the house quickly. Sound like maintenance was
obviously called for (as of that time) to you?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

Not wrong, just incomplete. The professional coil cleaning
chemicals do wonders.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"brassplyer" wrote in message

My method - disconnect power from unit at the outside
breaker and main
breaker. Take top grill/fan piece of condenser housing. Pull
plant
crap out by hand and/or with a shop vac, hose down the coils
to remove
other crap. Anything wrong with this?

Unit was working like a champ the last time I fired it up a
few months
ago. Cooled off the house quickly. Sound like maintenance
was
obviously called for (as of that time) to you?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Not wrong, just incomplete. The professional coil cleaning
chemicals do wonders.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

So does hydrofluric acid and a belt sander.