Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

Default Home ac having problems - freon doesn't seem to be circulating

On Apr 6, 8:56*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
After reading your messages, and your replies to the
tradesmen who have commented. It's obvious to me that you're
a hard core do it yourselfer. And that if a tradesman writes
"Well, your service guy *needs to.... A, B, C..... that you
will take the covers off, and do your own version of what
the service guys do. Which may help, or it might not.

Well, I tend to do it myself within the bounds of common sense. Almost
never pay an auto mechanic, have replaced engines, trannies, etc.
myself. Installed my own water heater, repaired an entire section of
carpenter ant damaged wall, etc.

However, I'm also conscious of possible hazards of fumbling around
something I'm not familiar with or accidentally trashing a unit that
*could* have been salvaged by a reputable pro had they been given the
chance to work on it before I wreaked havoc on it.

If I can find something obvious that I can remedy it myself, I'm more
than happy to tackle it. But at this point I'm trying to become
educated as much as anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

wrote:
[...]

Hmm,
You know how to revive dead person? Your a/c system is dead or dying due
to old age. Time for new one. Economy needs you spend money.
That Freon filled old machine is power sucking low efficiency monster.
Upgrade. Even if you fix it, it won't last long. Be wise and do a right
thing. Not all HVAC techs are crooks. There are more honest good ones
than bad ones. Ask around, you'll find good honest dependable one near
you. Treat him/her well, He/She will treat you well.
You brass player? Me too low brass all my life.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

As old as your system is, it very likely needs professional
cleaning. I'm sure a few on alternating havoc are tired of
hearing me say "have your condensing unit professionally
cleaned". I've found over the years that even condensors
that look clean are often dirty. Which interferes with
cooling, and drives the electric bill up. One Trane I
cleaned, the amp draw dropped about amp after cleaning.
Which is equivilant to turning off two 100 watt light bulbs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"brassplyer" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

Default Home ac / brass music playing

I played trumpet when I was in about 4th grade. Years later,
I got a chance to try a bugle. I'd lost all the skill I had.

I couldn't even brass my way through. I tried, but I didn't
have the pucker any more. I shoulda kept on with the
lessons. I'd like to play, these days. Taken some piano
lessons, but carrying a piano in a marching band is a pain
in the brass.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony Hwang"
wrote in message ...

You brass player? Me too low brass all my life.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

cleaning. I'm sure a few on alternating havoc are tired of
hearing me say "have your condensing unit professionally
cleaned". I've found over the years that even condensors
that look clean are often dirty. Which interferes with
cooling, and drives the electric bill up. One Trane I
cleaned, the amp draw dropped about amp after cleaning.
Which is equivilant to turning off two 100 watt light bulbs.

Grin, I'm hopeful that is all I need! In fact, it's a possible. I asked for
servicing too.

Groan, when we got back they hadn't changedd the filters since we left in
2001. We even left then with with 6 of them (anticipating 3 years away).

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I played trumpet when I was in about 4th grade.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Is that what your dad called it: a "trumpet"?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house

There are some people who don't maintain anything till it
breaks. Sounds like you had those type of people.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus