Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house
brassplyer brassplyer is offline

Default Home ac having problems - freon doesn't seem to be circulating

On Apr 6, 8:56*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
After reading your messages, and your replies to the
tradesmen who have commented. It's obvious to me that you're
a hard core do it yourselfer. And that if a tradesman writes
"Well, your service guy *needs to.... A, B, C..... that you
will take the covers off, and do your own version of what
the service guys do. Which may help, or it might not.

Well, I tend to do it myself within the bounds of common sense. Almost
never pay an auto mechanic, have replaced engines, trannies, etc.
myself. Installed my own water heater, repaired an entire section of
carpenter ant damaged wall, etc.

However, I'm also conscious of possible hazards of fumbling around
something I'm not familiar with or accidentally trashing a unit that
*could* have been salvaged by a reputable pro had they been given the
chance to work on it before I wreaked havoc on it.

If I can find something obvious that I can remedy it myself, I'm more
than happy to tackle it. But at this point I'm trying to become
educated as much as anything.