Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Looking for a good HVAC contractor

Hi all,

I am looking to replace my first floor 12 year old HVAC system, have a
bigger return duct put in, and have the ducts cleaned. I have used a company
called "72 Degrees" for the maintenance contracts for the past 2 years. They
are listed on the SAS web site and give a discount. I received a quote from
them for a "Deluxe" system for $5620. They also quoted me $7920 for a
"Premier" system. This is for a normal outdoor heat-pack (not a split
system). Can anyone recommend a better HVAC contractor that is not looking
to "cut corners" and gives a warranty on parts and labor for 15 years? I had
to replace the heat exchanger on this system that I thought was covered
under warranty. It turns out the part was covered, but not the labor. Thanks
for any referrals.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jan 13, 8:00*am, "Dennis Goodwin" wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking to replace my first floor 12 year old HVAC system, have a
bigger return duct put in, and have the ducts cleaned. I have used a company
called "72 Degrees" for the maintenance contracts for the past 2 years. They
are listed on the SAS web site and give a discount. I received a quote from
them for a "Deluxe" system for $5620. They also quoted me $7920 for a
"Premier" system. This is for a normal outdoor heat-pack (not a split
system). Can anyone recommend a better HVAC contractor that is not looking
to "cut corners" and gives a warranty on parts and labor for 15 years? I had
to replace the heat exchanger on this system that I thought was covered
under warranty. It turns out the part was covered, but not the labor. Thanks
for any referrals.

Nothing like giving a location!. alt.home.repair or www.heatinghelp.com
is where traffic and pros are.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , "Dennis Goodwin" wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking to replace my first floor 12 year old HVAC system, have a
bigger return duct put in, and have the ducts cleaned. I have used a company
called "72 Degrees" for the maintenance contracts for the past 2 years. They
are listed on the SAS web site and give a discount. I received a quote from
them for a "Deluxe" system for $5620. They also quoted me $7920 for a
"Premier" system. This is for a normal outdoor heat-pack (not a split
system). Can anyone recommend a better HVAC contractor that is not looking
to "cut corners" and gives a warranty on parts and labor for 15 years? I had
to replace the heat exchanger on this system that I thought was covered
under warranty. It turns out the part was covered, but not the labor. Thanks
for any referrals.

Sure -- talk to Larry at Broad Ripple Heating and Cooling. Good company, been
around for years, honest and dependable.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jan 13, 8:00*am, "Dennis Goodwin" wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking to replace my first floor 12 year old HVAC system, have a
bigger return duct put in, and have the ducts cleaned. I have used a company
called "72 Degrees" for the maintenance contracts for the past 2 years. They
are listed on the SAS web site and give a discount. I received a quote from
them for a "Deluxe" system for $5620. They also quoted me $7920 for a
"Premier" system. This is for a normal outdoor heat-pack (not a split
system). Can anyone recommend a better HVAC contractor that is not looking
to "cut corners" and gives a warranty on parts and labor for 15 years? I had
to replace the heat exchanger on this system that I thought was covered
under warranty. It turns out the part was covered, but not the labor. Thanks
for any referrals.

You can purchase from any HVAC Contractor, a 10 year labor insurance
plan for parts and labor ; they use an Underwriter. Its not going to
be cheap though. When looking for competitive proposals, talk to
your neighbors and see who theyve used, go to the BBB , go to your
local Courthouse and see if a particular Contractor has been involved
in litigation where they are the Defendant , check their License ,
ask for phone numbers of the last 3 installations theyve done, get
everything in writing, and refuse to put down any more than 50% , with
balance upon completion. When the installation is done, have a
knowledgeable friend come along for the final inspection . Pay by
credit card in case you find they didnt provide something they should
have, then youll have some safeguard. I am a retired HVAC Contractor
and theres alot of Chumps in this trade.