Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default American Standard sticks it to me

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:30:58 -0600
sherwin dubren wrote:

Several years ago, I remodeled my bathroom in a blue color
including sink and toilet from American Standard in what
they called a Rhapsody Blue color.

That 1.3 gallon flush toilet has been a problem from day zero.
I keep a plunger nearby to assist in many flushing operations.
Since my initial purchase, many toilet manufacturers have
improved the technology and American Standard now makes a
toilet called the Champion, which may help me in my problem.

However, the Champion does not come in Rhapsody Blue color, nor
does any of their recent design toilets. True, this is not a
common color, but I cannot rip out my fixtures and tiles to
switch to a new color.

I think white goes with everything. -Dave
Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Several years ago, I remodeled my bathroom in a blue color
including sink and toilet from American Standard in what
they called a Rhapsody Blue color.

That 1.3 gallon flush toilet has been a problem from day zero.
I keep a plunger nearby to assist in many flushing operations.
Since my initial purchase, many toilet manufacturers have
improved the technology and American Standard now makes a
toilet called the Champion, which may help me in my problem.

However, the Champion does not come in Rhapsody Blue color, nor
does any of their recent design toilets. True, this is not a
common color, but I cannot rip out my fixtures and tiles to
switch to a new color.

So beware of companies like American Standard who will leave
you high and not so dry.

Sherwin
Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
pbj pbj is offline

[...]

Maybe you should have tried out the floor model first?
Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

In article ,
sherwin dubren wrote:
[ ... ]
However, the Champion does not come in Rhapsody Blue color, nor
does any of their recent design toilets. True, this is not a
common color, but I cannot rip out my fixtures and tiles to
switch to a new color.

[ ... ]

Perhaps you can get some enamel paint mixed to match your original
toilet and paint the new one. It'd have to be prepped to keep the
paint from peeling, but should cost much less than redoing the
entire bathroom.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
"Where large, expensive pieces of exotic woods are converted to valueless,
Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Gary Heston wrote:
In article ,
sherwin dubren wrote:
[ ... ]
However, the Champion does not come in Rhapsody Blue color, nor
does any of their recent design toilets. True, this is not a
common color, but I cannot rip out my fixtures and tiles to
switch to a new color.

[ ... ]

Perhaps you can get some enamel paint mixed to match your original
toilet and paint the new one. It'd have to be prepped to keep the
paint from peeling,

I cant see painting being viable at all, no matter how its prepped.

but should cost much less than redoing the entire bathroom.

Makes a lot more sense to go for a color that fits like white.