Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human

Default Are housing priced designed to keep those in lower income bracketsunder passive surveillance?

Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc. Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets? The gov't
raising property taxes and values over the past century are part of
the reason why home prices are so high. Is something built years ago
which is little more than a pile of wood otherwise really worth the
hundreds of thousands of dollars or even the 10s of thousands that
they go for? What about the land that no human had any hand in
creating? I don't usually wear the in foil hat but I smell a rat here
Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

On Jul 10, 3:20*pm, zeez wrote:
*Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc. Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets? *The gov't
raising property taxes and values over the past century are part of
the reason why home prices are so high. Is something built years ago
which is little more than a pile of wood otherwise really worth the
hundreds of thousands of dollars or even the 10s of thousands that
they go for? What about the land that no human had any hand in
creating? I don't usually wear the in foil hat but I smell a rat here

Come to think of it, most mcMansion development come with a
homeowners association that encourages people
to snitch on each other. Surveillance would be a tiny step after this,

Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:20:18 -0700 (PDT), zeez
wrote:
Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc. Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets? The gov't
raising property taxes and values over the past century are part of
the reason why home prices are so high.

Home prices are pretty much at an all-time LOW.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Is something built years ago
which is little more than a pile of wood otherwise really worth the
hundreds of thousands of dollars or even the 10s of thousands that
they go for?

Depends. I know of a quarter-acre nearby, the house was condemned
years ago and had since collapsed on itself, and they wanted $400,000
for it but settled for $375,000.

What about the land that no human had any hand in
creating? I don't usually wear the in foil hat but I smell a rat here

Just say "No" to drugs...

Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human

On Jul 10, 6:20*pm, zeez wrote:
*Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc. Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets? *The gov't
raising property taxes and values over the past century are part of
the reason why home prices are so high. Is something built years ago
which is little more than a pile of wood otherwise really worth the
hundreds of thousands of dollars or even the 10s of thousands that
they go for? What about the land that no human had any hand in
creating? I don't usually wear the in foil hat but I smell a rat here

Housing prices are based on what people are willing to pay. People
with money are willing to pay a lot for houses. Therefore, those
piles of wood (or, in my case, concrete) are worth hundreds of
thousands of dollars.

This is usually called the "free market".

Oh, and rising property taxes don't drive housing prices up. If
anything, they drive housing prices down (a little), because people
can afford less house if they have to pay more property tax.

Go ahead, put on the tin foil hat. I think you need it.
Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human

"zeez" wrote in message
Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc.

No. I never had a manager come into my apartment either to do inspections,
except when I was about to move out of the apartment. In which case they
inspected the apartment to make sure I did not trash the place. And yes,
one would hope that someone came into my apartment if I needed something
that needed to be repaired, why wouldn't I want that to happen?

Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets?

Well yes. If you cannot buy a place of your own, you will be renting a
place. What did you expect? And the poorer you are the less likely you are
to be able to own a home.

The gov't
raising property taxes and values over the past century are part of
the reason why home prices are so high.

Well, yes. Property taxes is one way that governement gets the money that
they want to spend. If they do not get it from property taxes, the will get
it from some other source.

Is something built years ago
which is little more than a pile of wood otherwise really worth the
hundreds of thousands of dollars or even the 10s of thousands that
they go for?

Its worth is dependent on what you can sell it for.

What about the land that no human had any hand in
creating? I don't usually wear the in foil hat but I smell a rat here

So? We dd not create water or air either?

Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:39:33 -1000, against all advice, something
compelled "Jerry Okamura" , to say:

"zeez" wrote in message
Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc.

No. I never had a manager come into my apartment either to do inspections,
except when I was about to move out of the apartment. In which case they
inspected the apartment to make sure I did not trash the place. And yes,
one would hope that someone came into my apartment if I needed something
that needed to be repaired, why wouldn't I want that to happen?

The one time I lived in a managed apartment complex, they gave
twenty four hours notice and changed the air filters once a
month. I imagine they had a quick look around at the same time.

Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets?

Well yes. If you cannot buy a place of your own, you will be renting a
place. What did you expect? And the poorer you are the less likely you are
to be able to own a home.

It was transitional housing, as in when I transitioned from
married to divorced.

--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.
Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human

"zeez" wrote in message
Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc.

No. I never had a manager come into my apartment either to do inspections,
except when I was about to move out of the apartment. In which case they
inspected the apartment to make sure I did not trash the place. And yes,
one would hope that someone came into my apartment if I needed something
that needed to be repaired, why wouldn't I want that to happen?

The one time I lived in a managed apartment complex, they gave
twenty four hours notice and changed the air filters once a
month. I imagine they had a quick look around at the same time.

Prpbably not. Their flunky probably didn't care enough.

Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets?

Well yes. If you cannot buy a place of your own, you will be renting a
place. What did you expect? And the poorer you are the less likely you are
to be able to own a home.

It was transitional housing, as in when I transitioned from
married to divorced.

Well, you can't get much poorer than that.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:34:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

Housing prices are based on what people are willing to pay. People
with money are willing to pay a lot for houses. Therefore, those
piles of wood (or, in my case, concrete) are worth hundreds of
thousands of dollars.

No, it usually isn't people with money buying houses. It is people
who can borrow money. If they had to pay the same money out of their
own pockets, they would likely be a lot more careful about what was
purchased.

This is usually called the "free market".

Oh, and rising property taxes don't drive housing prices up. If
anything, they drive housing prices down (a little), because people
can afford less house if they have to pay more property tax.

Go ahead, put on the tin foil hat. I think you need it.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote:

Housing prices are based on what people are willing to pay. *People
with money are willing to pay a lot for houses. *Therefore, those
piles of wood (or, in my case, concrete) are worth hundreds of
thousands of dollars.

No, it usually isn't people with money buying houses. *It is people
who can borrow money. *If they had to pay the same money out of their
own pockets, they would likely be a lot more careful about what was
purchased.

Typically, it's the same thing. Not so much lately, but it's always
been
the case that banks only lend money to people who have money.

I have a mortgage. It is the same money (and more) out of my own
pocket.
We were quite careful each time we bought a house. (If only everyone
were.)

Still, there's no vast conspiracy to raise housing prices. Just the
market at work.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:20:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

Typically, it's the same thing. Not so much lately, but it's always
been
the case that banks only lend money to people who have money.

I have a mortgage. It is the same money (and more) out of my own
pocket.
We were quite careful each time we bought a house. (If only everyone
were.)

Not the same thing at all. Let's take a car example to make the
point. If you were paying cash for a car, would you pay $1000 for a
great stereo or would you say no way, the crummy am/fm will do just
fine? When people can look at a feature as x dollars per month they
get stupid.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote:

Typically, it's the same thing. *Not so much lately, but it's always
been
the case that banks only lend money to people who have money.

I have a mortgage. *It is the same money (and more) out of my own
pocket.
We were quite careful each time we bought a house. *(If only everyone
were.)

Not the same thing at all. *Let's take a car example to make the
point. *If you were paying cash for a car, would you pay $1000 for a
great stereo or would you say no way, the crummy am/fm will do just
fine? *When people can look at a feature as x dollars per month they
get stupid.

It's the same thing. Suppose I'm looking at two different houses to
buy.
One is in a place where the taxes are 5 mills and the other 10 mills.
I would not be able to afford as much house in the second place.

If taxes were to jump suddenly while I was in the process of finding a
house,
then I wouldn't be able to afford as much house, either. I'd have to
start
looking at cheaper houses.

Or, maybe people are just stupid. The bank was willing to lend me
about twice
what I felt comfortable borrowing. I'm sure many people would have
taken the
money and gotten into the McMansion instead of the 1200 square foot
ranch.

Passive Housing Graeme UK diy 22 January 7th 09 05:11 PM
OT, lower priced nail gun recommendations RogerN Metalworking 12 August 31st 05 03:29 AM