Posted to alt.politics,misc.consumers.house,soc.rights.human
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Are housing priced designed to keep those in lower income brackets under passive surveillance?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:53:24 -0700, Steve Daniels
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:39:33 -1000, against all advice, something
compelled "Jerry Okamura" , to say:

"zeez" wrote in message
Ever notice that most apartment buildings have managers and that they
come in to do inspections, repairs, etc.

No. I never had a manager come into my apartment either to do inspections,
except when I was about to move out of the apartment. In which case they
inspected the apartment to make sure I did not trash the place. And yes,
one would hope that someone came into my apartment if I needed something
that needed to be repaired, why wouldn't I want that to happen?

The one time I lived in a managed apartment complex, they gave
twenty four hours notice and changed the air filters once a
month. I imagine they had a quick look around at the same time.

Prpbably not. Their flunky probably didn't care enough.

Notice also that most people
who have to rent are usually in the lower income brackets?

Well yes. If you cannot buy a place of your own, you will be renting a
place. What did you expect? And the poorer you are the less likely you are
to be able to own a home.

It was transitional housing, as in when I transitioned from
married to divorced.

Well, you can't get much poorer than that.