Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.contractors,misc.consumers.house

Default Water softners, Apples to Oranges?

Looking at two different water softener systems.
Hague, or Kinetico.

Anybody have any good info on them?

I can get a good deal on the Hague, but I like the Kinetico's features.

Anybody?

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.contractors,misc.consumers.house

"Bill" wrote in message
Looking at two different water softener systems.
Hague, or Kinetico.

Anybody have any good info on them?

I can get a good deal on the Hague, but I like the Kinetico's features.

Anybody?

Go with the Hague, especially if the Kinetico is a salt unit.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.contractors,misc.consumers.house

on 6/11/2009 4:08 AM (ET) Matt Barrow wrote the following:
"Bill" wrote in message

Looking at two different water softener systems.
Hague, or Kinetico.

Anybody have any good info on them?

I can get a good deal on the Hague, but I like the Kinetico's features.

Anybody?

Go with the Hague, especially if the Kinetico is a salt unit.

I don't know how, or if, the Hague is better than a regular water
softener, and at prices in the thousands of $, it better be far more
efficient than the ones that sell in the hundreds of $. The below links
are about false claims and poor, or no service, which just may originate
from the sales people, distributors, or installers, but I would be leery
about spending an exhorbitant amount of money for an appliance that can
be bought from an appliance store or even online.
This sounds like the sales pitches the Kirby and Rainbow vacuum cleaner
salesmen used to sell their overpriced cleaners.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/mo_water.html
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fair...NMS8K38AIJCOS8
http://jameytucker.wordpress.com/200...-water-system/
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo...gue_water.html
http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...r-c186893.html

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.contractors,misc.consumers.house

On Jun 10, 4:53*am, "Bill" wrote:
Looking at two different water softener systems.
Hague, or Kinetico.

Anybody have any good info on them?

I can get a good deal on the Hague, but I like the Kinetico's features.

Anybody?

I owned a Kinetico when I lived in Michigan, worked well. My parents
have owned one since 1989 and the only issue was soilder joint that
leaked on the drain. This was done by and installer. The company
sent a repair person ASAP and fixed it. We like the idea of no
electricity to run it. I've not looked at athe newer systems so I do
not know what their features are.

Andy

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.building.contractors,misc.consumers.house

"Bill" wrote in message

Looking at two different water softener systems.
Hague, or Kinetico.

Anybody have any good info on them?

I can get a good deal on the Hague, but I like the Kinetico's features.

Anybody?

Go with the Hague, especially if the Kinetico is a salt unit.

I don't know how, or if, the Hague is better than a regular water softener,
and at prices in the thousands of $, it better be far more efficient than the
ones that sell in the hundreds of $.

The one's they sell, for example, in Home Depot, are nothing more than water
filters you attach to your refrigerator, but for more volume.

The below links are about false claims and poor, or no service, which just may
originate from the sales people, distributors, or installers, but I would be
leery about spending an exhorbitant amount of money for an appliance that can
be bought from an appliance store or even online.
This sounds like the sales pitches the Kirby and Rainbow vacuum cleaner
salesmen used to sell their overpriced cleaners.

Caveat emptor.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/mo_water.html
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fair...NMS8K38AIJCOS8
http://jameytucker.wordpress.com/200...-water-system/
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo...gue_water.html
http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...r-c186893.html

For about ten years, I had a Kinetico Quad system, but we had to get a water
cooler since the unit added so much salt to the water. We could not use our ice
maker in the 'fridge. Also, some jurisdictions are banning salt units since they
contaminate ground water by salinization. Also, some RO units are banned since
they use so much more water for flushing the system.

I got a good deal, on a Hague, back in 2005, and my unit has worked flawlessly.
So far.

I can imagine, though, how they do generate so many complaints.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrow[_2_] View Post

Go with the Hague, especially if the Kinetico is a salt unit.

Go with a Hague especially if KINETICO is a SALT unit. ??? They are both salt UNITS.

I sell both and I prefer Kinetico.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Water softners Simon UK diy 7 January 11th 06 08:18 PM
Water softners? Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk UK diy 20 July 13th 05 11:12 PM
Water softners: Electronic vs. Salt... Mike Deblis UK diy 108 June 12th 05 04:50 PM
Apples and Oranges: Architectural Fees? BRN Home Repair 15 August 14th 04 11:16 PM