Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Default Water softners?

HAs anyone had any experience with Coleman water softner?
I was on the verge of investing in a kinetico but stumbled across the
spec for a Coleman "waterboss" which by their "comparison" chart of all
brands seems to be hugely more efficient on both salt and brine.
http://www.colemanwater.co.uk/html/main_framset.htm

Are they really as good as claimed?

on a side note I noticed our new local costco has 25Kg bags of tablets
for £5 +vat seems like a fair price.

Cheers
Pete

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Christian McArdle

http://www.colemanwater.co.uk/html/main_framset.htm

Are they really as good as claimed?

No idea, but it looks pretty good.

Christian.

Ian_m

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote in message
. uk...
HAs anyone had any experience with Coleman water softner?
I was on the verge of investing in a kinetico but stumbled across the spec
for a Coleman "waterboss" which by their "comparison" chart of all brands
seems to be hugely more efficient on both salt and brine.
http://www.colemanwater.co.uk/html/main_framset.htm

Are they really as good as claimed?

on a side note I noticed our new local costco has 25Kg bags of tablets for
£5 +vat seems like a fair price.

Even cheaper he-
http://www.ezsoftener.com/index.asp?pid=H

Yes the salt is good price, but I have had issues with cheap salt going hard
in the bag. I bought 11 bags of salt tablets for £65 delivered from a local
supplier and this stays as tablets even a half opened bag stored in a cold
garage.

Peter Parry

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:08:49 +0100, "Ian_m" wrote:

HAs anyone had any experience with Coleman water softner?
I was on the verge of investing in a kinetico but stumbled across the spec
for a Coleman "waterboss" which by their "comparison" chart of all brands
seems to be hugely more efficient on both salt and brine.
http://www.colemanwater.co.uk/html/main_framset.htm

Are they really as good as claimed?

A few years ago California realised its sewage farms were turning
into salt lakes because of widespread water softener use and
introduced requirements for more efficient resins, this may be one of
those. A neighbour has a high efficiency resin softener (Kite) and
that gets through a couple of bags of salt a year.

Kinetico have a complicated pyramid like selling structure which
inflates their prices considerably. Someone here did once have an
address of a commercial supplier of small softeners with prices
around the GBP2-300 mark. There isn't much inside them, the metering
heads are all from one of two manufacturers and the resins come from
one of two or three suppliers. The markup for the "water consultant"
or whatever is very high.

Yes the salt is good price, but I have had issues with cheap salt going hard
in the bag.

The Costco salt is as good as any other. All salt is mildly
deliquescent and will absorb atmospheric moisture if left open.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
OldBill

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk wrote:
HAs anyone had any experience with Coleman water softner?
I was on the verge of investing in a kinetico but stumbled across the
spec for a Coleman "waterboss" which by their "comparison" chart of all
brands seems to be hugely more efficient on both salt and brine.
http://www.colemanwater.co.uk/html/main_framset.htm

Are they really as good as claimed?

on a side note I noticed our new local costco has 25Kg bags of tablets
for £5 +vat seems like a fair price.

Cheers
Pete

The machine looks ok. I've found that over the probable long life of a
softener ( mine is still going strong at 15 years) the cost of the salt
will be the major cost.
In my very hard water area in Hampshire you can get 25 kg of the best
salt tablets at less than £5 inc vat at many places inc the local pet
shop. Delivered is a bit more expensive.

Rob

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote in message
. uk...
HAs anyone had any experience with Coleman water softner?
I was on the verge of investing in a kinetico but stumbled across the spec
for a Coleman "waterboss" which by their "comparison" chart of all brands
seems to be hugely more efficient on both salt and brine.
http://www.colemanwater.co.uk/html/main_framset.htm

Are they really as good as claimed?

on a side note I noticed our new local costco has 25Kg bags of tablets for
£5 +vat seems like a fair price.

Cheers
Pete

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)

Hi Pete

If you're looking at water softening units I'd recommend you take a look at
Grander Technology Water Revitalisation. Cutting edge 21st century stuff in
my view. Really makes a difference to the water quality which has many
health benefits. Silky smooth. I had one fitted a few years ago after a
friend recommended it. Its not very well known in the UK but gradually
getting more and more recognition worldwide. Worth serious consideration.

See: http://www.grander.com/en/

Rob

Gel

How much are you being quoted for the Coleman one.
I have a very efficient one from Softners Direct; mainly sell direct to
Installers and are 200-=A3300 mark, much cheaper than via softenere
distributors.

Post back if you want details;I'll dig out

Peter Parry

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:05:32 +0000 (UTC), "Rob"
wrote:

If you're looking at water softening units I'd recommend you take a look at
Grander Technology Water Revitalisation. Cutting edge 21st century stuff in
my view.

Oh no, another pillock. As if one wasn't enough.

"There is still no scientific explanation of how the Grander water
revitalization process works."

Probably the only honest statement on the whole demented web site as
long as you remove "works" from the above.

"The Grander process changes the inner structure of water and returns
the water molecules to a highly ordered state, making the water more
stable"

"The Grander process involves a field effect generated by highly
structured water ("information water")".

This pretty piece of jewelry is filled with pure, precious Grander
Information Water. It transmits the forces of nature and has a
harmonizing effect on the body, mind and soul."

"The wooden energy boards contain a spiral copper tube, filled with
Grander Information Water. Jugs of water, juices and alcoholic drinks
and bowls of fruit all benefit from the revitalization effect. The
boards are also effective in refrigerators to enhance vegetable
freshness."

"Key revitalized water properties a
* Enhanced shelf life"

Even the International nitwit is going to find difficulty with this
nonsense. (however - it needs no electricity so Part P is safe).

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Rod

"Rob" wrote in
:

Hi Pete

If you're looking at water softening units I'd recommend you take a
look at Grander Technology Water Revitalisation. Cutting edge 21st
century stuff in my view. Really makes a difference to the water
quality which has many health benefits. Silky smooth. I had one fitted
a few years ago after a friend recommended it. Its not very well known
in the UK but gradually getting more and more recognition worldwide.
Worth serious consideration.

See: http://www.grander.com/en/

Sounds wonderful - but does this mean that my fish will die soon after
using this to top up their aquarium? Or will they become nearly immortal?

"Practical experience with industrial closed heating/cooling circuits
demonstrates that when the water is revitalized using the Grander process
it can be used for longer periods of time without losing its
microbiological stability."

What the hell is "microbiological stability"?

[For the avoidance of argument, I no longer have charge of the fish
referred to above. They did like Volvic...]

--
Rod

Rob

wrote:

Oh no, another pillock. As if one wasn't enough.

Grander technology is based on Homeopathic Principles. But then I guess you
shun that too.

Oh well at least I had a go at trying to be helpful

You can lead a horse to water... 'scuse the pun.

Enjoy your water softner whichever one you get.

Rob 8^)

raden

In message , Rob
writes

[...]

What a load of wank

--
geoff
Peter Parry

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 23:56:54 +0000 (UTC), "Rob"
wrote:

Grander technology is based on Homeopathic Principles. But then I guess you
shun that too.

Of course, as would anyone with any intelligence. Homeopathy has no
rational theoretical basis and has never been shown to work in
properly conducted trials. It can be a partially effective
psychological treatment for a few people but is no more than that.

Anyone who can prove differently can earn themselves $1m straight
away - I wonder why no one has done it.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:31:54 +0100, Peter Parry wrote:

[...]

I think I mentioned that I got a collect from factory price from Euro
Water Treatment Ltd. in N17 of 200+VAT but that was a few years back.

deliquescent and will absorb atmospheric moisture if left open.

Rob

wrote:

Grander technology is based on Homeopathic Principles. But then I guess
you
shun that too.

Of course, as would anyone with any intelligence. Homeopathy has no
rational theoretical basis and has never been shown to work in
properly conducted trials. It can be a partially effective
psychological treatment for a few people but is no more than that.

Anyone who can prove differently can earn themselves $1m straight
away - I wonder why no one has done it.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Peter

I hope that you, your family, friends and work colleagues enjoy good health.

However, should you suffer a serious health issue where will you then turn
when you find that conventional treatments fail to provide a cure or
explanation for the condition?

It would seem that anything "alternative" you dismiss without a second
thought.

Of course this is a familiar response by so many.

Equally however there are countless people who have experienced the efficacy
and potency of such medicine.

I hope you will never have a need to find out.

Regards

Rob

Peter Parry

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 13:20:44 +0000 (UTC), "Rob"
wrote:

However, should you suffer a serious health issue where will you then turn
when you find that conventional treatments fail to provide a cure or
explanation for the condition?

Certainly not to snake oil peddlers and the most disgusting cheats of
all, those who make money selling useless nostrums to people who are
really ill. As long as it's only flogging water to people with no
illness and more money than sense I have no problem - more fool them.

Once the slimeball sellers of fake remedies start trying to say they
can have a real effect without any basis (other than their rampant
greed) then they deserve to be stuffed in a vat of their own potions
and boiled for a week or two. After that they should be punished
severely.

It would seem that anything "alternative" you dismiss without a second
thought.

I dismiss anything with no theoretical or factual basis. What label
you care to attach to it makes no difference.

Of course this is a familiar response by so many.

Those with any sense, I agree.

Equally however there are countless people who have experienced the efficacy
and potency of such medicine.

There are even more who have experienced the efficacy and potency of
placebos, they are cheaper as well. If these things are so good why
has nobody claimed the $1m? Why do they _never_ work in proper
trials? If even a small fraction of the amazing claims are true it
surely can't be difficult to show them working?

I hope you will never have a need to find out.

I would never be so stupid as to go to a creature so foul and
depraved as one who makes a living cheating money out of people with
serious illness by selling them ineffective snake oil potions as
"cures".

Homeopathy in particular has never been shown to work effectively
against anything, never mind against serious conditions. If I was
really ill why on earth should I ever consider it?

The "water treatment" you mentioned is a complete fake. It doesn't
work and cannot work. The statements on the web site (some of which I
quoted) are complete nonsense. The process is nonsense the
explanations are nonsense - why should I be expected to take it
seriously?

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

raden

In message , Rob
writes
Homeopathy has no
rational theoretical basis and has never been shown to work in
properly conducted trials. It can be a partially effective
psychological treatment for a few people but is no more than that.

Anyone who can prove differently can earn themselves $1m straight
away - I wonder why no one has done it.

ISTR that there was a televised attempt to do so a couple of years ago,
which totally failed

However, should you suffer a serious health issue where will you then turn
when you find that conventional treatments fail to provide a cure or
explanation for the condition?

It would seem that anything "alternative" you dismiss without a second
thought.

That's not at all what he said, is it ?

--
geoff
The Natural Philosopher

Rob wrote:

[...]

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Beleive that and you can sell me a toot fairy.
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Oh no, another pillock. As if one wasn't enough.

Grander technology is based on Homeopathic Principles. But then I guess you
shun that too.

Yep, and I haven't been baptised with Holy Water in years either...

Oh well at least I had a go at trying to be helpful

You can lead a horse to water... 'scuse the pun.

Enjoy your water softner whichever one you get.

Whatever Gander is, it's not a softener.

Miracle magic, or mareketing scam, but never a water softener.

Rob 8^)

dennis@home

wrote:

Oh no, another pillock. As if one wasn't enough.

Grander technology is based on Homeopathic Principles. But then I guess
you shun that too.

Homeopathy *may* work due to the Placebo effect.

Information water (The Grander effect) has no chance of working.

Water is a simple molecule it has no stereoisomer to "re-order" and if you
change the order of the hydrogen-oxygen-hydrogen bond in a water molecule
then it won't be water afterwards.

In anycase it isn't the water molecules that determine the hardness of water
its the amount of dissolved minerals and the type of mineral that determine
hardness.
Any technology that doesn't have a mechanism to change these is not likely
work.

Ed Sirett

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:29:28 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , Rob
writes
Homeopathy has no
rational theoretical basis and has never been shown to work in
properly conducted trials. It can be a partially effective
psychological treatment for a few people but is no more than that.

Anyone who can prove differently can earn themselves $1m straight
away - I wonder why no one has done it.

ISTR that there was a televised attempt to do so a couple of years ago,
which totally failed

I think it was a Horizon documentary.

If no one were harmed by a reliance in homoepathy I would not be bothered
one way or another. Indeed the stuff is so dilute it can't do anyone more
harm than drinking water or brandy.

However sometimes people decline the best available conventional
treatments for serious diseases (eg cancer) in favour of something else.
By the time they realise that they are getting no better it's already
too late for treatment.

GymRatZ

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

See: http://www.grander.com/en/

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Beleive that and you can sell me a toot fairy.

:¬)

My "respectable" local plumbers merchants handed me a leaflet on the
wire-around-the-copper type thing when he couldn't find any brochures on
the water softners they sell. I nearly ****ed me pants!

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 05:32 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM