Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Bathroom fans

My old house needed updated with the old noisey fan.
I researched the Newtone and Broan (identical) models
on The Home Depot site and found they ware pretty much junk with unreliable
noise rating systems. I think Panasonic is about the only company who makes
a good integral unit. I knew what I wanted, an in line fan mounted to the roof lumber.
Fantech makes many models.I go a "kit" to attach to present metal case
in bathroom. Got a Intermatic timer, dug out an olf humidstat I bought
surplus many years ago.(that was a Bendix unit for the Navy)
Its a job working with my low roof, but its all working. It
only sounds like a gentle shhhhhhhhhh, NO BURRRRRRm BANGGGGG.
The fan will turn on automatically with humidity and will only shut off
when its dry. You can also initiate with the Intermatic push button timer. Thats the way to do it.

Would not mind more than the 100 CFM. Thought about using my Radon fan with
50% more flow, but thats another story.

greg

Why are bathroom fans in ceiling? Bill[_9_] Home Ownership 23 June 13th 08 10:47 PM
Bathroom fans franz frippl Home Repair 15 September 12th 07 07:29 PM
Bathroom fans Sparks UK diy 10 September 15th 06 01:11 AM
Bathroom Fans David Gale Home Repair 35 August 29th 04 08:14 AM
Showers & Fans in Bathroom Richard Faulkner UK diy 4 October 28th 03 12:37 PM