Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Default Woman is content living in 84-sq. ft. tiny dream home.

Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Wait... no debt? Isn't that un-American? Aren't we all supposed to be
enslaved to the banks?

See the video at http://Muvy.org

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Useful Info wrote

Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Wait... no debt? Isn't that un-American? Aren't we all supposed to be enslaved to the banks?

Trailers have been like that for centurys now.

See the video at http://Muvy.org

**** off.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

On Jul 15, 5:29 pm, Useful Info wrote:
Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

It's very possible. After all, lots of Americans - especially men
- for generations have CHOSEN to live for days at a time in small
hunting cabins, fishing cabins, po-up vacation trailers, etc.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Useful Info wrote:
Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Wait... no debt? Isn't that un-American? Aren't we all supposed to be
enslaved to the banks?

See the video at http://Muvy.org

I saw it featured on a major media channel. While this is along the idea
of something I would like to put on my land in TX, I do think 84sq ft is
a bit on the small side for 1 person. I have messed around with floor
plans for small cabins and came up with a 500sq ft floor that seemed
livable. Actually I started with about 1000sq ft and worked my way down
to about 500. Very simple rectangular design, 1 bed, 1 bath, kitchen,
dining / living area. Tried to keep the design /green/ I.E. solar power,
supplemental water via rain water harvesting, composting toilet, etc.
etc. etc. I figured I could do the whole thing for about $10k using
recycled stuff.
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

On Jul 15, 4:24 pm, Just A User wrote:
Useful Info wrote:
[...]

An Alternative:

http://tinyurl.com/2corcd

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Useful Info wrote:

[...]

its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in "wealthy" lands
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Useful Info wrote:
Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Since I'm against evil spammers, I'll post a link to the actual story.
http://www.komotv.com/news/8499817.html

That said, lots of folks choose to live in various RV's full time
so I can't see as how this is all that unusual. Heck, in large
cities it's not unusual to find apartments this size are the only
ones one can afford.

Anthony
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Useful Info wrote:

[...]

Nope, its just not feasible to do a one size fits all even in those.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

TwoAllBeefPatties wrote:

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Trailers and RVs make a lot more sense, even shipping containers.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

On Jul 15, 7:54 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:

Trailers and RVs make a lot more sense, even shipping containers.

Come on now, where is the adventure in your swagger?

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Anthony Matonak wrote:

Since I'm against evil spammers, I'll post a link to the actual story.
http://www.komotv.com/news/8499817.html

Are you suggesting Useful Info / Sparrow is a low-life slimy spammer?
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Rod Speed wrote:

Useful Info wrote:

[...]

American Indian TeePee , English settlers first homes?
Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Myal wrote: its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in "wealthy"
lands

They may be happy about it.
Just because you wouldn't like it doesn't mean other people wouldn't.
I know a bunch of people who live in RV's by choice.
They had homes and sold them.

--
JerryD(upstateNY)

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

In article ,
Just A User wrote:
I saw it featured on a major media channel. While this is along the idea
of something I would like to put on my land in TX, I do think 84sq ft is
a bit on the small side for 1 person. I have messed around with floor
plans for small cabins and came up with a 500sq ft floor that seemed
livable. Actually I started with about 1000sq ft and worked my way down
to about 500. Very simple rectangular design, 1 bed, 1 bath, kitchen,
dining / living area. Tried to keep the design /green/ I.E. solar power,
supplemental water via rain water harvesting, composting toilet, etc.
etc. etc. I figured I could do the whole thing for about $10k using
recycled stuff.

I haven't found anything online about this, but on one of those shows
about cool technology on one of the Discovery Channel channels, or maybe
National Geographic, so something similar, they showed student houses at
a university in Europe. They were tiny detached houses, each something
like 110 sq ft. They made very good use of space, and seemed quite
comfortable.

There was a separate bathroom with a toilet and sink. The bathroom was
waterproof and had a drain in the floor, so it also served as the shower
(and that also made it easy to clean). The kitchen had, I seem to
recall, a two burner stove, small fridge, and microwave.

The beds folded into the wall. There were two of them, big enough that
four people could sleep in the house, although two people would be more
comfortable probably.

There was a built-in flatscreen TV for entertainment.

There was a table that could be used for dinning or as a work area, and
it folded away when not in use.

It seemed to work very well. There wasn't a lot of space total, but
because of the way things folded away to reconfigure the space, there
seemed to be plenty for whatever you needed at any given time.

The beds could be used for seating, too, and with it configured for
maximum seating, they showed a student having a party. He managed to
get something like 9 guests in there, with everyone being reasonably
comfortable.

--
--Tim Smith

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

TwoAllBeefPatties wrote
Rod Speed wrote
TwoAllBeefPatties wrote

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Trailers and RVs make a lot more sense, even shipping containers.

Come on now, where is the adventure in your swagger?

More adventure in any of those than that.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

jheller wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Useful Info wrote:

[...]

Not too practical today.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Tim Smith wrote:
In article ,
Just A User wrote:
[...]

Yeah, saw that, but an RV or trailer makes a lot more sense because its easier to move too.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Shameless plug here for my erstwhile employers; The Olympian. See the
newspaper article as it appeared;

http://www.theolympian.com/news/story/158109.html

Beyond that, who cares? I live on my sailboat in Olympia, and anytime
I feel like it, I can go "off grid." I barely use any electricity as
it is. Those of us who live on boats or in self contained trailers
knows this is not newsworthy. For the rest of the idiot sheep out
there who cannot live without all the "luxuries" of "civilized life"
well it is newsworthy. Probably for powerboaters too who can't live
without huge engines and generators and whatnot.

Steve
S/V Libertarian

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

"jheller" wrote in message

American Indian TeePee , English settlers first homes?

Teepees were used by American Plains Indians. English settlers were on the
East coast and never saw a teepee.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

JerryD(upstateNY) wrote:
Myal wrote: its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in "wealthy"
lands

They may be happy about it.
Just because you wouldn't like it doesn't mean other people wouldn't.
I know a bunch of people who live in RV's by choice.
They had homes and sold them.

I am happy whatever I live in , spent years in a caravan , lived under a
tarp for many months , in a bus converted to mobile home and now have a
house , Im adaptable , easily pleased and love the convienience of
travel and easy accomodations .

It still saddens me to see folk who live in ****ty cramped conditions
out of nescesity rather than by choice .

with so many billions being spent on killing the poorest folk there is
in othe r lands , surely a bit of that $$ can bes pent either fixing or
eradicating the poor at home ?
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

What should you look for when shopping for a home equity loan? Home
equity loans and lines of credit are commonly used for debt
consolidation, educational expenses, unplanned emergencies, home
improvements, vehicle purchases, and other gifts and purchases.Getting
a home equity loan has never been easier. Traditional banks and
mortgage companies offer a variety of products, with varying
qualification rules and fees. It certainly pays to shop around. An
excellent way to shop for a home equity loan these days is over the
internet. There are internet lender options for borrowers with credit
issues. These services have relationships with little-known lenders,
and are therefore able to secure a loan for anyone, even if your
credit is bad. I've started a new blog called "What you need to know
about
home equity loans - a consumer guide" at http://home-equity-loan-information.blogspot.com/.
I'd appreciate some feedback and I hope it will be of some benefit to
those contemplating a home equity loan.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Myal wrote:
JerryD(upstateNY) wrote:
Myal wrote: its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in
"wealthy" lands

They may be happy about it.
Just because you wouldn't like it doesn't mean other people wouldn't.
I know a bunch of people who live in RV's by choice.
They had homes and sold them.

I am happy whatever I live in , spent years in a caravan , lived
under a tarp for many months , in a bus converted to mobile home and
now have a house , Im adaptable , easily pleased and love the
convienience of travel and easy accomodations .

It still saddens me to see folk who live in ****ty cramped conditions
out of nescesity rather than by choice .

with so many billions being spent on killing the poorest folk there is in othe r lands ,

That doesnt happen.

surely a bit of that $$ can bes pent either fixing or eradicating the poor at home ?

Nope, some will always choose to 'live' like that.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Rod Speed wrote:
Myal wrote:

JerryD(upstateNY) wrote:

Myal wrote: its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in
"wealthy" lands

They may be happy about it.
Just because you wouldn't like it doesn't mean other people wouldn't.
I know a bunch of people who live in RV's by choice.
They had homes and sold them.

I am happy whatever I live in , spent years in a caravan , lived
under a tarp for many months , in a bus converted to mobile home and
now have a house , Im adaptable , easily pleased and love the
convienience of travel and easy accomodations .

It still saddens me to see folk who live in ****ty cramped conditions
out of nescesity rather than by choice .

with so many billions being spent on killing the poorest folk there is in othe r lands ,

That doesnt happen.

Riiiggghhhttt ..... OK , I se who I am dealing with , bye ...

surely a bit of that $$ can bes pent either fixing or eradicating the poor at home ?

Nope, some will always choose to 'live' like that.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

wrote:
On Jul 15, 5:29 pm, Useful Info wrote:
Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

It's very possible. After all, lots of Americans - especially men
- for generations have CHOSEN to live for days at a time in small
hunting cabins, fishing cabins, po-up vacation trailers, etc.

No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://www.INTERNET-GUN-SHOW.com

Lots of criminals live in 8x10 ft. cells and survive quite well. They
have a sink and commode, a nice bed to entertain their "buddy", and have
meals prepared for them. The cells are climate controlled and they go
out to eat. The taxpayer picks up the bill. Unfortunately, the cells
aren't mobile, and they aren't allowed to have campfires or pets.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

GoodRead wrote:

What should you look for when shopping for a home equity loan?

Back again with your spam?
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

"Rod Speed" wrote in news:5g05otF3f0mfsU1
@mid.individual.net:

American Indian TeePee , English settlers first homes?

Not too practical today.

As practical as you want to be.

--
~Donna
http://www.frugalsewing.com
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:29:53 -0700, Useful Info wrote:

Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Wait... no debt? Isn't that un-American? Aren't we all supposed to be
enslaved to the banks?

See the video at http://Muvy.org

I have no mortgage, enough land to provide firewood, a good well and soon
will be off grid. Best of all Bush doesn't rule here.

-- Regards, Curly
http://thegreen.stanleylieber.com

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

In article ,
not the moderator /us wrote:

wrote:
On Jul 15, 5:29 pm, Useful Info wrote:
Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

It's very possible. After all, lots of Americans - especially men
- for generations have CHOSEN to live for days at a time in small
hunting cabins, fishing cabins, po-up vacation trailers, etc.

No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://www.INTERNET-GUN-SHOW.com

Lots of criminals live in 8x10 ft. cells and survive quite well. They
have a sink and commode, a nice bed to entertain their "buddy", and have
meals prepared for them. The cells are climate controlled and they go
out to eat. The taxpayer picks up the bill. Unfortunately, the cells
aren't mobile, and they aren't allowed to have campfires or pets.

TiVo?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Myal wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Myal wrote
JerryD(upstateNY) wrote

Myal wrote: its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in
"wealthy" lands

They may be happy about it.
Just because you wouldn't like it doesn't mean other people
wouldn't. I know a bunch of people who live in RV's by choice.
They had homes and sold them.

I am happy whatever I live in , spent years in a caravan , lived
under a tarp for many months , in a bus converted to mobile home and
now have a house , Im adaptable , easily pleased and love the
convienience of travel and easy accomodations .

It still saddens me to see folk who live in ****ty cramped
conditions out of nescesity rather than by choice .

with so many billions being spent on killing the poorest folk there is in othe r lands ,

That doesnt happen.

Riiiggghhhttt .....

Fraid so. That didnt happen even in the Iran/Iraq war,
everyone except the rich got killed, not just the poor.

Same with WW1 and WW2 and in WW1 even quite a few of the rich got killed too.

OK , I se who I am dealing with , bye ...

Usual mindless fool.

surely a bit of that $$ can bes pent either fixing or eradicating the poor at home ?

Nope, some will always choose to 'live' like that.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

On Jul 15, 6:24 pm, Just A User wrote:
I saw it featured on a major media channel. While this is along the idea
of something I would like to put on my land in TX, I do think 84sq ft is
a bit on the small side for 1 person.

How much square footage do college students choose to pay tens of
thousands of dollars yearly for to live in dorms and go to college?
And those students - usually - have a community restroom at one end of
the hall, rather than any in their own room. That woman's situation
sounds a lot less implausible when you think through the college-dorm
example.

I have messed around with floor
plans for small cabins and came up with a 500sq ft floor that seemed
livable.

That's way large - over 20'x20'. That's far more than one student
at an expensive college spends a fortune for to choose to live in if
in a dorm.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

I sometimes see old miners 300-400 sqft "dollhouses" in small towns in
colorado.
They basically have a large room, and when indoor plumbing cam a long,
carved
out a bathroom in the rear. I saw some being used in Telluride, but
dont know
if they are still around. Peole would buy two lots on both sides of
alley, scrape
them off and build a 6000 sqft multi-story McMansion- adjacent to some
of the
dollhouses.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

wrote
How much square footage do college students choose to pay tens of
thousands of dollars yearly for to live in dorms and go to college?

That's way large - over 20'x20'. That's far more than one student
at an expensive college spends a fortune for to choose to live in if
in a dorm.

A point to be made, most college students have their expenses paid by mom
&/or dad.

You'd be surprised to find, I believe, that most college dorm rooms have
more square footage than you expect.

Even sailors on a sub have more total living space (although shared) than 84
sf.

--
Paul A. Thomas, CPA
Athens, Georgia

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Paul Thomas, CPA wrote:

Even sailors on a sub have more total living space (although shared) than 84
sf.

The 84sf figure is misleading. She has a loft bedroom that does not
take up any of the 84sf except for the ladder. Still, pretty tiny house!
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

"not the moderator" /us wrote in message
On Jul 15, 5:29 pm, Useful Info wrote:
Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

It's very possible. After all, lots of Americans - especially men
- for generations have CHOSEN to live for days at a time in small
hunting cabins, fishing cabins, po-up vacation trailers, etc.

No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://www.INTERNET-GUN-SHOW.com

Lots of criminals live in 8x10 ft. cells and survive quite well. They have
a sink and commode, a nice bed to entertain their "buddy", and have meals
prepared for them. The cells are climate controlled and they go out to
eat. The taxpayer picks up the bill. Unfortunately, the cells aren't
mobile, and they aren't allowed to have campfires or pets.

Man, learn what you be talkin' about before you talk. Every brother got a
ton a roaches all to his self.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

"Paul Thomas, CPA" wrote in message
news

wrote
How much square footage do college students choose to pay tens of
thousands of dollars yearly for to live in dorms and go to college?

That's way large - over 20'x20'. That's far more than one student
at an expensive college spends a fortune for to choose to live in if
in a dorm.

A point to be made, most college students have their expenses paid by mom
&/or dad.

You'd be surprised to find, I believe, that most college dorm rooms have
more square footage than you expect.

Even sailors on a sub have more total living space (although shared) than
84 sf.

Paul, that is true on modern Tridents. But in the old pig boats of WWII,
each sailor had a lot less than that. Even the Capt, made do with less.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

Curly Surmudgeon wrote:

I have no mortgage, enough land to provide firewood, a good well and soon
will be off grid. Best of all Bush doesn't rule here.

You'll join the ranks with Bush then. His house has been off grid for
many years.
Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

"Paul Maffia" wrote
Paul, that is true on modern Tridents. But in the old pig boats of WWII,
each sailor had a lot less than that. Even the Capt, made do with less.

Bed space is different than total available living space.

In any event, not a place to bring a date home to.

--
Paul A. Thomas, CPA
Athens, Georgia

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism

On Jul 15, 11:07 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:

More adventure in any of those than that.

I know, no room for a bloomin' onion.

Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes

"Paul Thomas, CPA" wrote in message

| "Paul Maffia" wrote
| Paul, that is true on modern Tridents. But in the old pig boats of WWII,
| each sailor had a lot less than that. Even the Capt, made do with less.
|

| Bed space is different than total available living space.
|

| In any event, not a place to bring a date home to.

Recalls some adventures in a 56 MG midget...