Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism
Myal Myal is offline

Default Woman is content living in 84-sq. ft. tiny dream home.

Rich256 wrote:
On Jul 15, 4:24 pm, Just A User wrote:

Useful Info wrote:

Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Wait... no debt? Isn't that un-American? Aren't we all supposed to be
enslaved to the banks?

See the video athttp://Muvy.org

I saw it featured on a major media channel. While this is along the idea
of something I would like to put on my land in TX, I do think 84sq ft is
a bit on the small side for 1 person. I have messed around with floor
plans for small cabins and came up with a 500sq ft floor that seemed
livable. Actually I started with about 1000sq ft and worked my way down
to about 500. Very simple rectangular design, 1 bed, 1 bath, kitchen,
dining / living area. Tried to keep the design /green/ I.E. solar power,
supplemental water via rain water harvesting, composting toilet, etc.
etc. etc. I figured I could do the whole thing for about $10k using
recycled stuff.

An Alternative:

http://tinyurl.com/2corcd

its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in "wealthy" lands