Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Are Front Loading Washers Very Noisy?

I'm considering a new front load washing machine for the second floor
of a new addition. Very solid wooden floors in the space concerned,
directly adjacent to the bedroom.

While I find lower water and energy consumption very attractive about
this type of washer, I have read and heard many complaints about how
much noise and vibration they make during their spin cycle. I am very
sensitive to noise. Can those who own front load washers please
comment on this?

Thank you very much.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

What do you mean by this? Not a great quality wash?

Overall, it's a *ahem* wash.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H. http://toddh.net/

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...
What do you mean by this? Not a great quality wash?

Overall, it's a *ahem* wash.

It was a pun.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

I don't plan on getting a pedestal. I may, however, get a nice square,
level piece of concrete.

Now the a**-rapin-ist thing about the front load washers though, is
the money they get for the pedestals that put them at a convenient
height.... Oy.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H. http://toddh.net/

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Feb 5, 7:31 am, wrote:
I don't plan on getting a pedestal. I may, however, get a nice square,
level piece of concrete.

Now the a**-rapin-ist thing about the front load washers though, is
the money they get for the pedestals that put them at a convenient
height.... Oy.
Best Regards,
--
Todd H. http://toddh.net/

suggest you buy from somewhere with a liberal return policy, as you
are gonna have NO luck with one of those beasts on the second floor.
Pictures will be falling off the walls downstairs. A cement block
under it won't help. Google is your friend, this has been discussed
endlessly.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

When my maytag neptune winds up for a spin cycle it sounds like a jet
engine revving up. It can be heard throughout first floor and its in
the basement. However it spins faster and gets more water out . I
would choose front loader anyday