Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Are Front Loading Washers Very Noisy?

writes:

I'm considering a new front load washing machine for the second floor
of a new addition. Very solid wooden floors in the space concerned,
directly adjacent to the bedroom.

While I find lower water and energy consumption very attractive about
this type of washer, I have read and heard many complaints about how
much noise and vibration they make during their spin cycle. I am very
sensitive to noise. Can those who own front load washers please
comment on this?

During the wash cycle, I find my Kenmore HE2 a lot quieter than the
constant wirr of a traditional top loader. However, a full load
spinning as fast as this thing can in its concrete encased enclosure
is louder, I suspect than spin cycle on a top loader.

Overall, it's a *ahem* wash.

2nd floor laundries are very hard to keep quiet because rarely is the
floor stiff enough to keep vibrations from renonating more than if
they're sitting on concrete in the basement.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/